Tuesday, 23 May 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Social Partnership. (61 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his recent contacts with the social partners. [14280/06]
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
Consumer Price Index.
- Consumer Price Index. (8 speeches)
Question 64: To ask the Minister for Finance his views on recent trends in consumer prices; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [19698/06]
- Decentralisation Programme. (4 speeches)
Question 65: To ask the Minister for Finance his views on whether an all-party review of decentralisation is required in the national interest to conform more closely with the recommendations of...
- House Prices. (18 speeches)
Question 66: To ask the Minister for Finance if he intends to introduce a more equitable stamp duty regime on house purchase; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [19451/06]
- Tax Code. (24 speeches)
Question 68: To ask the Minister for Finance if the vehicle registration tax relief for flexible fuel vehicles and the excise relief for biofuels measures announced in the 2006 budget have been...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Decentralisation Programme. (64 speeches)
Question 69: To ask the Minister for Finance the number of meetings which he has had with the decentralisation implementation group; and the subject of these meetings. [19383/06]
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Connolly — the...
- Leaders' Questions. (65 speeches)
The Taoiseach should have been a weather forecaster. His personal statement to the House earlier in respect of his comments last week about a former chief executive of Aer Lingus dealt in part...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (6 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (3 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1,address by the Honourable John Howard MP, Prime Minister of Australia. Private Members' business will be No. 54, motion re drug abuse.
- Address by Prime Minister of Australia. (2 speeches)
Deputies: I appreciate the Ceann Comhairle's warm welcome. I am conscious of the honour conferred on me and, more importantly, my country in being given the opportunity to address this meeting...
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
Drug Abuse: Motion.
- Drug Abuse: Motion. (47 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, recognising the many diverse and profound problems for individuals and for society caused by the misuse of drugs, both legal and illegal; affirms: —the right of...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
Violence Against Women.
- Violence Against Women. (2 speeches)
Why was no additional allocation provided for frontline organisations responding to violence against women in the 2006 budget and Finance Act? Frontline services are trying to operate with the...
- Flood Relief. (5 speeches)
I wish to share time with Deputy Connaughton. As I speak, water levels on the Shannon are rising rapidly and this has a devastating impact on the habitat of the Shannon callows. The callows...
- Schools Building Projects. (5 speeches)
I ask the Minister for Education and Science to purchase a new site for the Mercy secondary school in Kilbeggan, County Westmeath, as a matter of urgency. A deputation from this school met the...
- Water and Sewerage Schemes. (8 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise the issue of Government's failure to address the severe infrastructural projects in west County Limerick. The failure to fund new sewerage...