Wednesday, 5 April 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions. (4 speeches)
People will have been shocked yesterday by the brutal execution of Denis Donaldson in a remote part of County Donegal. The execution bore the hallmarks of the execution of Eamon Collins outside...
- Visit of Icelandic Delegation. (1 speech)
Before calling Deputy Rabbitte, I wish on my own behalf and on behalf of the Members of Dáil Éireann to offer céad míle fáilte, 100,000 welcomes, to Ms Sólveig Pétursdóttir, President of...
- Leaders' Questions (Resumed). (72 speeches)
The Labour Party joins in deploring the grisly murder yesterday and offers the Taoiseach support in his efforts tomorrow to get the Northern Ireland institutions back up and running. I want to...
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
Agreements with Members.
- Agreements with Members. (23 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the arrangements in place in his Department for providing assistance to certain Independent Members of Dáil Éireann; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Standards in Public Office. (37 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Taoiseach his plans to amend the code of conduct for office holders; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [9146/06]
- Public Procurement Policy. (13 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Taoiseach if there is a corporate procurement plan in place within his Department; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [9147/06]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (5 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31. I will call on Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business. (61 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 12, Road Safety Authority Bill 2004 — Report Stage (resumed) and Final Stage; No. 13 — Employment Permits Bill 2005 — Order for Report, Report and Final Stages;...
- Road Safety Authority Bill 2004: Report Stage (Resumed). (106 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 6:
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed). (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Child Abuse. (12 speeches)
Question 33: To ask the Minister for Education and Science if she is satisfied with the response of her Department in respect of former victims of child abuse who have taken their cases for...
- Adult Education. (4 speeches)
Question 35: To ask the Minister for Education and Science if she is satisfied that the fundamental elements of the White Paper on adult education, Learning for Life, published in 2000, have been...
- Educational Disadvantage. (6 speeches)
Question 36: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the manner in which endemic educational disadvantage is being challenged by her Department; and if she will make a statement on the...
- Schools Recognition. (8 speeches)
Question 37: To ask the Minister for Education and Science when her Department will make a decision on the application of County Clare Vocational Educational Committee to become the patron of two...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Stay Safe Programme. (18 speeches)
Question 38: To ask the Minister for Education and Science her views on making the Stay Safe programme mandatory in schools in view of the strong support for this, including from the Catholic...
- Pupil-Teacher Ratio. (17 speeches)
Question 39: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the number of new teaching posts which will be created in 2006. [13450/06]
- State Examinations. (8 speeches)
Question 40: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the failure rate in science at junior certificate level; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [13317/06]
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Walsh — to discuss the...
- Estimates for Public Services 2006: Message from Select Committee. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Finance and the Public Service has completed its consideration of Vote 10 for the year ending 31 December 2006.
- Private Notice Questions. (0 speeches)
- Road Safety. (60 speeches)
I will call on the Deputies who tabled questions to the Ministers for Transport and Education and Science in the order in which they submitted their questions to my office.
- Road Safety Authority Bill 2004: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage. (22 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 19:
- Employment Permits Bill 2005: Order for Report Stage. (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Employment Permits Bill 2005: Report Stage. (90 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1 to 7, inclusive, 9 to 15, inclusive, 29 to 33, inclusive, 35 to 37, inclusive, 39 to 44, inclusive, 46 to 57, inclusive, 102 to 109, inclusive, 111 to 124, inclusive, 127, 128,...
- Nuclear Safety: Statements. (70 speeches)
I wish to share time with the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Deputy Dermot Ahern. I welcome the fact that this debate is taking place this evening and I am grateful for the opportunity to respond...
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Residential Tenancies (Amendment) Bill 2006: Second Stage (Resumed). (49 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy O'Dowd on Tuesday, 4 April 2006:
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
Cancer Screening Programme.
- Cancer Screening Programme. (14 speeches)
I thank the Chair for affording me the opportunity once again to raise this important matter. The most important element in the successful treatment of cancer is early diagnosis. Unfortunately,...
- Decentralisation Programme. (18 speeches)
While the sideshow goes on, I wonder whether it will be possible for me to pursue my Adjournment matter. I am extremely pleased that the Minister of State at the Department of Finance, Deputy...
- School Accommodation. (22 speeches)
Hundreds of children in Dublin 15 have no school place for this coming September and the reason is simple. Thousands of houses have been built in the Littlepace and Castleknock areas in the past...