Thursday, 27 April 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (8 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31. I will call the Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business. (104 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 17, Health (Repayment Scheme) Bill 2006 — Second Stage, resumed; No. 16, Energy (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2006 — Second Stage, resumed; and No. 18, National...
- Health (Repayment Scheme) Bill 2006: Second Stage (Resumed). (57 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Estimates for Public Services 2006: Message from Select Committee. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Finance and the Public Service has concluded its consideration of the following Revised Estimates for Public Services for the service of the year ending 31 December 2006:...
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Crime Prevention. (52 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the steps he intends to take to tackle the alarming rise in crime figures for the first quarter of 2006; and if he will make a...
- Garda Reserve. (13 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform if he intends to formally consult all interested groups and stakeholders before proceeding further with his plans for a...
- Garda Deployment. (4 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform if he will provide a comprehensive timetable for civilianisation in the Garda; the estimate of the amount which will be spent,...
- Garda Reserve. (24 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the position with regard to the establishment of the Garda reserve; when he expects the first recruits to the reserve to begin...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Asylum Applications. (85 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the number of applications for asylum received in each year from 2002 to 2005 and to date in 2006; the number of applications...
- Garda Divisional Boundaries. (14 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the counties or portions of counties which lie within the Garda Dublin metropolitan district; and if he will make a statement...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Ó Snodaigh — the...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
Harbours and Piers.
- Harbours and Piers. (2 speeches)
In recent years, Fenit Harbour has been largely neglected, especially in comparison with the other west coast ports of Killybegs or Castletownberehaven. A grant received in 2004 was welcome but...
- School Closures. (4 speeches)
It is a pity the Minister for Education and Science is not here as my comments are addressed to her in particular, but the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform, being a Dublin Minister,...