Tuesday, 25 April 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Departmental Advertising. (17 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the costs which have accrued to his Department since June 2002 in respect of newspaper advertisements; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [9149/06]
- Northern Ireland Issues. (10 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his meeting with Mr. Raymond McCord regarding the murder of his son Raymond in 1997; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [11811/06]
- Commemorative Events. (38 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Taoiseach the position regarding arrangements being made for the 2006 commemoration of the 1916 Easter Rising; if he will confirm if representatives from all political...
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
National Institute of Sport.
- National Institute of Sport. (5 speeches)
Question 59: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if he has received the report on the provision of a national institute of sport from the Irish Sports Council; when it will be put in...
- Greyhound Racing Industry. (11 speeches)
Question 60: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if he intends to publish the independent report into drugs testing in the greyhound industry that was carried out by Mr. Tim Dalton;...
- Sport and Recreational Development. (6 speeches)
Question 61: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if he will make a submission to Fingal County Council regarding the lands at Abbotstown and the county council study to determine a...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
National Aquatic Centre.
- National Aquatic Centre. (11 speeches)
Question 64: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if his attention has been drawn to the recent survey carried out by the insurers of the National Aquatic Centre, that states that the...
- Tourism Industry. (26 speeches)
Question 65: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism his views on the latest figures for overseas travel for January 2006. [15173/06]
- National Institute of Sport. (2 speeches)
Question 67: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if he has received the report on the provision of a national institute of sport from the Irish Sports Council; when it will be put in...
- National Stadium. (10 speeches)
Question 68: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the timetable for the construction of the new national stadium at Lansdowne Road; if the timescale for the redevelopment has been...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: Deputy Cowley — that the Minister...
- Leaders' Questions. (116 speeches)
This morning the people of Dublin woke up to yet another murder, the 19th this year. Familiarity breeds contempt. Today, executions, hits and gun crime are rife across the capital city. It is...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (14 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (41 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 10, motion re ministerial rota for parliamentary questions; No. 15, Parental Leave (Amendment) Bill 2004 [Seanad]— Order for Report, Report and Final Stages; and No....
- Ministerial Rota for Parliamentary Questions: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in the resolution of the Dáil of 6 June 2002 setting out the rota in which questions to members of the Government are to be asked, questions for oral...
- Parental Leave (Amendment) Bill 2004 [Seanad]: Order for Report Stage. (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Parental Leave (Amendment) Bill 2004 [Seanad]: Report and Final Stages. (60 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1 and 2 are out of order.
- Message from Seanad. (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Diplomatic Relations and Immunities (Amendment) Bill 2005 and the Criminal Law (Insanity) Bill 2002 without amendment.
- Energy (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2006: Second Stage (Resumed). (8 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Electoral Registration Commissioner Bill 2005: Second Stage. (39 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I wish to share time with Deputies Costello and Burton. I welcome the opportunity to move Second Stage of this Labour Party Private Members'...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
National Treatment Purchase Fund.
- National Treatment Purchase Fund. (15 speeches)
This matter relates to procedures which have been available on the National Treatment Purchase Fund. The patient was to have this treatment carried out under the fund but the procedure has been...
- Job Losses. (4 speeches)
In the not too distant past, north Tipperary was home to some of the world's largest industrial companies such as Aventis Pharma, Antigen, Procter and Gamble, Tubex, BSN Medical and large...
Social Welfare Benefits. (3 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me raise this issue and I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Tim O'Malley, who will respond. Although the case I will outline is one I know well, it is...
- Garda Deployment. (2 speeches)
The issue of increasing criminality in Donegal is continuously to the fore and it will not go away unless there is serious intervention from the Government. I witness many crime problems in my...