Tuesday, 4 April 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.35 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Social Partnership. (39 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on recent developments in the social partnership talks; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [9144/06]
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Foreign Conflicts. (14 speeches)
Question 37: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if he will demand a United Nations investigation into the manner in which moneys set aside for reconstruction work in Iraq have been spent;...
- Middle East Peace Process. (20 speeches)
Question 38: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs his views on the results of the parliamentary elections in Israel; the implications which this result holds for the roadmap for peace; the...
- Emigrant Issues. (51 speeches)
Question 39: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the steps he intends to take on illegal Irish immigrants in the United States; if this matter was raised by members of the Government at the...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
Common Foreign and Security Policy.
- Common Foreign and Security Policy. (15 speeches)
Question 42: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the recent discussions he has had with his European counterparts with regard to the formation of EU battlegroups; and if he will make a...
- Foreign Conflicts. (11 speeches)
Question 43: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs his views of the Iraqi conflict on the third anniversary of the invasion of that country; the discussions to which the Government has been...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Donal Moynihan — to...
- Leaders' Questions. (19 speeches)
It is less than a year since the tragic bus accident in Navan in which five young teenagers lost their lives. It is appropriate that we begin by expressing our sympathies to the parents and...
- Request to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (6 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (64 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 9, Revised Estimate for Public Services 2006 — Vote 41, back from committee; No. 10, motion re withdrawal of Whistleblowers Protection Bill 1999; and No. 12, Road...
- Estimates for Public Services 2006. (1 speech)
I move the following Estimate:
- Whistleblowers Protection Bill 1999: Leave to Withdraw. (10 speeches)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, that the order of the Dáil of 18 June 2002, to the extent that it orders that the Whistleblowers Protection Bill 1999 be considered in...
- Road Safety Authority Bill 2004: Order for Report Stage. (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Road Safety Authority Bill 2004: Report Stage. (31 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 1, 2, 32 and 33 are related and may be discussed together by agreement.
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Residential Tenancies (Amendment) Bill 2006: Second Stage. (22 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." One of the major issues facing Irish society, particularly in urban areas, is how we deal with modern developments, especially multi-storey,...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Hospital Staff. (2 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to raise the need for the Minister for Health and Children to appoint a neurologist with support staff to the mid-western regional hospital. This is a matter of urgency...
- Missing Persons. (2 speeches)
Last Friday the missing persons helpline was out of action for one year. When this service was introduced in 2002 the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform, Deputy McDowell said, "For too...
- Rail Services. (2 speeches)
I wish to raise the issue of rail freight services in Ireland. The Irish freight market was opened by the Government on 1 January 2006 to allow the private sector to become involved in it....
- Decentralisation Programme. (2 speeches)
Ba mhaith liom mo bhuíochas a gabháil leat, a Leas-Cheann Comhairle, de bharr cead a thabhairt dom cúpla focal a rá anseo mar gheall ar decentralisation. The Government decided on a major...