Tuesday, 22 October 2019
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach Gníomhach (Senator Diarmuid Wilson) i gceannas ar 14:30:00
- Election of Acting Chairman (3 speeches)
Clerk of the Seanad: I have to inform the House that both the Cathaoirleach and the Leas-Chathaoirleach are absent from this meeting of the Seanad. Pursuant to Standing Order 12, it will be...
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I welcome the students and staff of Castlepollard Community College to the Gallery. The former Leader, Donie Cassidy, is a proud Castlepollard man. He would be delighted to see the college's...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Autism Support Services (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy John Paul Phelan.
- Harbour Authorities (10 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State. It may be peculiar for those watching to see us talking to the Minister of State with responsibility for local government about Dún Laoghaire Harbour, which...
- Medicinal Products Reimbursement (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Finian McGrath. I refer to the issue of FreeStyle Libre. Thousands of adults with type 1 diabetes will have to wait until next year to find out whether...
- Health Services Provision (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for taking time out of his schedule to discuss the matter of the Respond care home in Carrickmacross, County Monaghan. The building was finished in 2017 but,...
- Teachtaireachtaí ón Dáil - Messages from Dáil (1 speech)
Dáil Éireann passed the Social Welfare Bill 2019 on 16 October 2019, without amendment, to which the agreement of Seanad Éireann is desired. Dáil Éireann passed the...
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (93 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Wildlife (Amendment) Bill 2016 - Report Stage (resumed) and Final Stage, to be taken on the conclusion of the Order of Business.
- Wildlife (Amendment) Bill 2016: Report Stage (Resumed) (105 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 15:
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (2 speeches)
I propose an amendment to the Order of Business that, notwithstanding anything in today's order, No. 1 be adjourned at 8 p.m., if not previously concluded.
- Wildlife (Amendment) Bill 2016: Report Stage (Resumed) (28 speeches)
I move amendment No. 35:In page 5, line 31, after “function” to insert “, role in carbon sequestration, biodiversity and pollination”.