Thursday, 30 May 2019
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Jennifer Murnane O'Connor that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Childcare Services Funding (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs, Deputy Zappone, to the House and back to her old alma mater.
- Family Reunification Policy (5 speeches)
I am going to the third Commencement matter before the second. I will ask Senator Colette Kelleher to outline her case. You have four minutes, Senator.
- Crime Prevention (4 speeches)
I appreciate the Minister being here in person to discuss this. I have raised issues of crime, criminality and anti-social behaviour in Dublin’s northside for at least a year. The...
- Local Government Reform (15 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming to the House this morning for this debate. Now that we have voted to have a directly elected mayor in Limerick, it was my understanding it was to be in...
- Teachtaireacht ón Dáil - Message from Dáil (1 speech)
Dáil Éireann has passed the Industrial Relations (Amendment) Bill 2018, to which the agreement of Seanad Éireann is desired.
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (75 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re appointment of a special committee to be known as the Joint Committee on Key Issues affecting the Traveller Community, to be taken without debate at the...
- Appointment of a Special Committee on Key Issues Affecting the Traveller Community: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders— (1) Seanad Éireann hereby appoints a Special Committee (hereinafter referred to as 'the Committee'), to be joined with a...
- Planning and Development Act 2000 (Exempted Development) (No. 2) Regulations 2019: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That Seanad Éireann approves the following Regulations in draft:Planning and Development Act 2000 (Exempted Development) (No. 2) Regulations 2019,a copy of which has been laid in...
- Gaming and Lotteries (Amendment) Bill 2019: Committee Stage (Resumed) (9 speeches)
Amendment No. 12 not moved.
- Fire Safety in Apartment Dwellings: Statements (10 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government, Deputy Eoghan Murphy, back to the House.