Tuesday, 28 May 2019
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 14:30:00
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Mark Daly that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Housing,...
- Local Government Reform (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy English. We were expecting the Minister of State, Deputy Phelan.
- Visit of Russian Delegation (2 speeches)
I welcome to the House the Russian delegation from the State Duma, who are most welcome to our country. I had the good fortune to meet you earlier today and I took particular note that we are...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna (Atógáil) - Commencement Matters (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Local Government Reform (5 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for his response. Along with our spokesperson on housing and planning, Deputy Darragh O'Brien, our local government spokesperson, Deputy Shane Cassells, and my...
- Housing Policy (5 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming before the House. I think we can all agree that there is no one solution to fix the housing shortage problem, as everyone knows. We need a multifaceted...
- Hospital Overcrowding (5 speeches)
The Minister of State at the Department of Health, Deputy Finian McGrath, who has been waiting for some time, will take the final Commencement matter. Cuirim fáilte roimh an Aire Stáit.
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (119 speeches)
The Order of Business for today, 28 May 2019, is No. a1, motion re Planning and Development Act 2000 (Exempted Development) (No. 2) Regulations 2019 - referral to committee, to be taken on the...
- Planning and Development Act 2000 (Exempted Development) (No. 2) Regulations 2019: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approves the following Regulations in draft:Planning and Development Act 2000 (Exempted Development) (No. 2) Regulations 2019,a copy of which has...
- Judicial Appointments Commission Bill 2017: Committee Stage (Resumed) (110 speeches)
- Messages from Dáil (1 speech)
Dáil Éireann passed the National Surplus (Reserve Fund for Exceptional Contingencies) Bill 2018 on 28 May 2019, to which the agreement of Seanad Éireann is desired. Dáil...
- Message from Joint Committee (1 speech)
The Joint Committee on Business, Enterprise and Innovation has completed its consideration of the following order in draft:Sectoral Employment Order (Electrical Contracting Sector) 2019.
- Health Service Executive (Governance) Bill 2018: [Seanad Bill amended by the Dáil] Report and Final Stages (22 speeches)
This is a Seanad Bill which has been amended by the Dáil. In accordance with Standing Order 148, it is deemed to have passed its First, Second and Third Stages in the Seanad and is placed...