Tuesday, 22 January 2019
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 14:30:00
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Lorraine Clifford-Lee that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- School Accommodation Provision (33 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Education and Skills, Deputy Joe McHugh, to the House.
- National Planning Framework (13 speeches)
Senator Lawlor has the next matter. He has a maximum of four minutes. Some Members think it is the minimum but it is the maximum.
- Constitutional Convention Recommendations (3 speeches)
It has been six years since the Constitutional Convention recommended that the State should consider reducing the voting age to 16. The previous Government accepted this recommendation and, in...
- Garda Stations (8 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Stanton, to the House.
- Teachtaireachtaí ón Dáil - Messages from Dáil (1 speech)
Dáil Éireann has passed the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) (Amendment) Bill 2018 on 16 January 2019, to which the agreement of Seanad Éireann is desired. Dáil Éireann...
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (39 speeches)
The Order of Business for today is No. 1, motion re arrangement for the sitting of the House on Tuesday, 29 January 2019 to facilitate the address to the House by uachtarán an Chumainn...
- Address by President of the Gaelic Athletic Association: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That Seanad Éireann agrees with the recommendation of the Committee on Procedure and Privileges that, in accordance with Standing Order 57(2) of the Standing Orders relative to Public...
- Appointment to Policing Authority: Motions (2 speeches)
I move:That Seanad Éireann recommends, pursuant to section 62C(7) of the Garda Síochána Act 2005, that Mr. Paul Mageean be appointed by the Government to be a member of the...
- Government's Brexit Preparedness: Statements (62 speeches)
The Government condemns in the strongest possible terms Saturday's car bomb in Derry. I spoke to the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland yesterday and I offered both our concern and...
- Judicial Appointments Commission Bill 2017: Committee Stage (Resumed) (285 speeches)