Thursday, 20 December 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Mark Daly that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Children and...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Drugs Crime (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State, Deputy Catherine Byrne, for coming to the House. Councillor Paul McAuliffe has asked that the Taoiseach would come and see for himself the effects of crack cocaine...
- Mica Redress Scheme (4 speeches)
Thousands of families in the north Donegal area have been devastated by the issue of mica, a mineral in the concrete blocks in their homes. I have been in many of those homes and have spoken to...
- Order of Business (211 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion regarding the arrangements for the joint sitting of the Houses of the Oireachtas on 21 January 2019, to be taken on the conclusion of the Order of Business,...
- Criminal Justice (Rehabilitative Periods) Bill 2018: First Stage (6 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend and extend the Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions and Certain Disclosures) Act 2016 to provide for broadening the range...
- Business of Seanad (4 speeches)
The Leader wishes to make a brief statement.
- Sittings and Business for Joint Sitting on 21 January 2019: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That Seanad Éireann shall be enjoined with Dáil Éireann to constitute a Joint Sitting of the Houses of the Oireachtas on Monday, 21st January, 2019, in order to commemorate...
- Special Committee on Withdrawal of the UK from the European Union: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That the Order of the Seanad of 4th July, 2018, relating to the Seanad Special Select Committee on the Withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union, be amended by the deletion,...
- Public Service Superannuation (Age of Retirement) Bill 2018: [Seanad Bill amended by the Dáil] Report and Final Stages (51 speeches)
The Minister of State, Deputy O'Donovan, has been waiting for quite a while. I welcome him to the House. This is a Seanad Bill which has been amended by the Dáil. In accordance with...
- Central Bank (National Claims Information Database) Bill 2018: Committee and Remaining Stages (2 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy D'Arcy, back to the House.
- Finance (African Development (Bank and Fund) and Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2018: Committee and Remaining Stages (18 speeches)
Sections 1 to 8, inclusive, agreed to.
- Business of Seanad (14 speeches)
Given that we started late because the Order of Business went over, I ask the indulgence of the House to allow us to have the Greyhound Racing Bill 2018 finished this afternoon. I propose,...
- Greyhound Racing Bill 2018: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (50 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 23: