Wednesday, 5 December 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Máire Devine that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Health...
- Commencement Matters (1 speech)
I welcome the Minister of State.
- National Maternity Hospital (6 speeches)
Fáilte arís, an tAire Stait. This matter relates to the proposed new facility for the National Maternity Hospital and the lack of progress in recent years on its governance and...
- Commencement of Legislation (10 speeches)
I welcome the Minister, Deputy Cannon, back to his alma mater, even though we are in a different room. I am sure he has fond memories of it.
- Seniors Alert Scheme (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Rural and Community Development, Deputy Ring. It is great to see him because he is always positive and always appears personally to tell the good news. I acknowledge...
- Message from Joint Committee (1 speech)
The Joint Committee on Justice and Equality at its meeting today has completed its consideration of the following motion:That Seanad Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option...
- Order of Business (111 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Finance Bill 2018 - Committee Stage, to be taken at 12.45 p.m. and to be adjourned not later than 3.30 p.m., if not previously concluded; No. 2, Consumer...
- Finance Bill 2018: Committee Stage (93 speeches)
Sections 1 to 10, inclusive, agreed to.
- Consumer Protection (Regulation of Credit Servicing Firms) Bill 2018: Second Stage (18 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) (Amendment) Bill 2018: Committee Stage (96 speeches)
Sections 1 and 2 agreed to.
- Control of Economic Activity (Occupied Territories) Bill 2018: Report and Final Stages (26 speeches)
Question put: "That the Bill be received for final consideration." The Seanad divided: Tá, 29; Níl, 16. Tellers: Tá, Senators Frances Black and Niall Ó Donnghaile; Níl,...