Thursday, 24 January 2019
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Gnó an tSeanaid - Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Michael McDowell that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Justice...
- Nithe i dtosach suíonna - Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Garda Reserve (15 speeches)
I am grateful to the Cathaoirleach for allowing this Commencement matter to be dealt with this morning.
- Exploration Licences (7 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming to the Chamber. I know this is matter is not his specific area but I will address it and, hopefully, receive some response. On 4 October 2018, by...
- Medical Card Appeals (9 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Catherine Byrne. The reason I tabled this matter is that I am encountering a lot of frustration in my office about medical cards. How many appeals have...
- Respite Care Services Availability (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House and thank her for taking time out of her busy schedule to attend this morning. I will discuss the important issue of the suspension of much needed...
- Teachtaireacht ón Dáil - Message from Dáil (1 speech)
Dáil Éireann has agreed to the amendments made by Seanad Éireann to the Local Government Bill 2018.
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (66 speeches)
I ask the Deputy Leader, Senator Noone, to outline the business for the day.
- National Anthem Bill 2019: First Stage (6 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to confirm that the choral refrain, with or without the lyrics, of "Amhrán na bhFiann" or, in the English Language, "The...
- Local Government Bill 2018: Motion for Earlier Signature (1 speech)
I move:That pursuant to subsection 2oof section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Local Government...
- Climate Action: Statements (42 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment, Deputy Bruton, to the House. There is no time limit on his contribution.