Thursday, 16 July 2015
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Gerard P. Craughwell that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Weight of Schoolbags (8 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy English, to the House.
- University Status Applications (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House. He will be aware that parts of the Kelly report, which has not been published but has been furnished to the Minister for Education and Skills and...
- Local Authority Members' Remuneration (4 speeches)
There is a need for the Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government to recognise the additional workload county councillors have since the enactment of the Local Government...
- Army Personnel (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Defence to the House.
- Order of Business (164 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion regarding the appointment of the chairperson of the Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission, back from committee, to be taken on the conclusion of the...
- Appointment of Chairman of the Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann, noting that, in order to fill a vacancy caused by the resignation of Mr. Simon O’Brien as the chairperson of the Garda Síochána Ombudsman...
- Business of Seanad (18 speeches)
There is usually an Order of Business, and for the Cathaoirleach to cancel it peremptorily is very unusual and an affront to democracy.
- Personal Insolvency (Amendment) Bill 2014: Second Stage (10 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Environment (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2014: Committee Stage (149 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of the Environment, Community and Local Government, Deputy Ann Phelan.