Wednesday, 15 July 2015
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator John Whelan that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Public...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- National Lottery Funding Disbursement (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Simon Harris, to the House.
- Hospital Procedures (9 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Kathleen Lynch, to the House.
- Ambulance Service Provision (5 speeches)
I thank the Minister for coming to the House to respond to this issue regarding the national ambulance service, which is an issue in Kerry but also nationwide. It is about joined up thinking...
- Order of Business (81 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Gender Recognition Bill 2014, amendments back from the Dáil, to be taken at 12.45 p.m. and to adjourn no later than 3 p.m., if not previously concluded; No....
- Business of Seanad (5 speeches)
I have secured agreement from the Minister for Health, Deputy Varadkar, that he will come to the House at 9 p.m. I propose an amendment to the Order of Business: "That motion No. 20 be taken...
- Gender Recognition Bill 2014 [Seanad Bill amended by the Dáil]: Report and Final Stages (65 speeches)
This is a Seanad Bill which has been amended by the Dáil. In accordance with Standing Order 118, it is deemed to have passed its First, Second and Third Stages in the Seanad and is placed...
- Seanad Public Consultation Committee Report on Farm Safety: Motion (26 speeches)
Acting Chairman (Senator Leyden): I welcome the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine and for Defence, Deputy Coveney, to the House. I call Senator O'Donovan, who is the chairperson of...
- One-Parent Family Payment: Motion (105 speeches, 1 comment)
I move: That Seanad Éireann, noting that: - from July 2015, lone parents with children aged seven and older will no longer be entitled to the one-parent family payment; and - in 2012, the...
- Houses of the Oireachtas (Appointments to Certain Offices) Bill 2014: Second Stage (23 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Teaching Council (Amendment) Bill 2015: Report and Final Stages (8 speeches)
Before we commence, I remind the House that a Senator may speak only once on Report Stage except the proposer of an amendment who may reply to the discussion on the amendment. Each amendment on...
- Transplant Patient Services: Motion (14 speeches)
I welcome the Minister, Deputy Varadkar, to the House.