Thursday, 12 December 2013
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Trevor Ó Clochartaigh, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: Go dtabharfaidh Aire Ealaíon...
- Order of Business (78 speeches, 1 comment)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Finance (No. 2) Bill 2013 - Committee and Remaining Stages, to be taken at 11.45 a.m. and conclude not later than 3.45 p.m.; No. 2, Water Services (No. 2) Bill...
- Valuation (Amendment) Bill 2013: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the provisions of the Valuation Act 2001, to provide for the treatment of rates for parking spaces in retail centres, in...
- Finance (No. 2) Bill 2013: Committee Stage (82 speeches)
Sections 1 and 2 agreed to.
- Visit of President of Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (1 speech)
Before calling on the Minister to reply, I welcome Mr. Jean-Claude Mignon, President of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe. On my own behalf and that of all my colleagues in...
- Finance (No. 2) Bill 2013: Committee Stage (Resumed) and Remaining Stages (52 speeches)
- Water Services (No. 2) Bill 2013: Committee Stage (Resumed) (171 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 37: In page 13, between lines 16 and 17, to insert the following:"(b) taking account of the ability to pay principle; and". (Senator Brian Ó Domhnaill)
- Business of Seanad (2 speeches)
I propose an amendment to the Order of Business that rather than conclude this Bill at 6 p.m., the debate will resume on Monday, 16 December.
- Water Services (No. 2) Bill 2013: Committee Stage (Resumed) (3 speeches)
- Health Insurance (Amendment) Bill 2013: Second Stage (11 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Oifig an Choimisinéara Teanga (10 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy McGinley, to the House.
- Company Registration (4 speeches)
I tabled this matter to highlight the need for a public register of the beneficial owners of companies. Arguments for such a register were set very eloquently in The Irish Times last week in an...
- Direct Provision System (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State and thank him for taking this important Adjournment debate on direct provision for asylum seekers. As he will be aware, decisive action is required on the current...