Wednesday, 22 February 2012
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator Denis Landy that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Social Protection to...
- Order of Business (214 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Report of the Committee on Procedure and Privileges on Standing Order 18: Prayer at Commencement of Sitting, to be taken without debate; No. 2, Health (Provision...
- Health (Provision of General Practitioner Services) Bill 2011: Committee and Remaining Stages (10 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Health, Deputy Reilly.
- Business of Seanad (2 speeches)
I propose an amendment to the Order of Business, namely, that the House would suspend at 3.38 p.m. and resume at 4 p.m. This is to allow the Minister deal with business in the other House.
- Media Standards: Statements, Questions and Answers (83 speeches)
I thank the House for the invitation to speak on the important subject of media standards. It is a subject that, I am sure, is close to the heart of not just those in the public eye but of all...
- Wind Turbines Bill 2012: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to make provision for a minimum distance between wind turbines and residential premises according to the size of the wind turbine; and for connected purposes.
- Wind Turbines Bill 2012: Second Stage (68 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
Social Welfare Code
- Social Welfare Code (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister to the House. Is the Minister for Social Protection in a position to consider the provision of social welfare support for once self-employed people who now find themselves...
- Social Welfare Appeals (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister to the House. I submitted this matter to highlight the fact that a young man of 18 years of age in County Clare has been refused disability benefit, although he has been...
- Community Mental Health (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister for being here to respond on this matter. I raise this issue because this week is national awareness week for eating disorders. I have always had an interest in this area...