Wednesday, 17 June 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator David Norris that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Health and...
- Order of Business (83 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re renewal of provisions of the Offences against the State (Amendment) Act; tributes to a former leader; No. 2, Nursing Homes Support Scheme Bill 2008 -...
- Offences against the State (Amendment) Act 1998: Motion (9 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann resolves that sections 2 to 4, 6 to 12, 14 and 17 of the Offences against the State (Amendment) Act 1998 (No. 39 of 1998) shall continue in operation for the period...
- Death of former Member: Expressions of Sympathy (12 speeches)
I call on Members to offer their tributes to the late Senator Michael Howard.
- Nursing Homes Support Scheme Bill 2008: Committee Stage (40 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Áine Brady, to the House.
- Visit of Chinese Delegation (1 speech)
Members of the House will wish to join me in welcoming a delegation from the National People's Congress of China led by the Mr. Zhang Bolin, MP. On behalf of myself and my colleagues in Seanad...
- Nursing Homes Support Scheme Bill 2008: Committee Stage (Resumed) (113 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 6:
- Information and Communications Technologies: Motion (33 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann welcomes Government initiatives to support the further development of sustainable information and communications technologies in Ireland with a view towards creating...
- Nursing Homes Support Scheme Bill 2008: Committee Stage (Resumed) (146 speeches)
Before we resume on section 7, I welcome Councillor Declan Flanagan to the Visitors Gallery.
- SCHEDULE 1. (16 speeches)
Amendment No. 35 is out of order as there is a potential charge on Revenue.
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Domestic Violence (11 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State. This matter concerns the Meath women's refuge and support services and the severe cutback in support made by the Government. I wish to give the context for this...
- Early Childhood Education (9 speeches)
I compliment Senator Norris on raising the issue of domestic abuse and making a valid case for protecting women who are at risk of domestic violence. I am worried about how prevalent the...
- School Day Extension (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State, Deputy Barry Andrews, for taking my adjournment motion at this late hour, which relates to extending the school day. I suppose it may seem strange to speak about...