Wednesday, 1 April 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator Mary White that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Health and Children to...
- Order of Business (142 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Adoption Bill 2009 — Committee Stage (resumed), to be taken at the conclusion of the Order of Business and adjourned not later than 5.30 p.m., if not previously...
- Adoption Bill 2009: Committee Stage (Resumed) (8 speeches)
Sections 77 to 80, inclusive, agreed to.
- Business of Seanad (2 speeches)
I propose an amendment to the Order of Business that Private Members' Business be taken at 5 p.m. rather than 5.30 p.m. to facilitate the Minister's diary.
- Adoption Bill 2009: Committee Stage (resumed) (15 speeches)
Amendment No. 50 has been already discussed with amendment No. 2. Is the amendment being pressed?
- Economic and Recovery Authority: Motion (63 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann calls on the Government to implement a new economic stimulus package by establishing a state holding company called the New Economic and Recovery Authority to oversee...
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Health Services (3 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Health and Children, Deputy Moloney. Cystic Fibrosis is Ireland's most common life threatening inherited disease. Ireland has the highest...
- Carers' Allowance. (8 speeches)
I ask the Chair's permission to share time equally with Senator McFadden. I welcome the Minister of State and thank him for attending. This matter is very simple. It asks that we recognise the...
- Schools Building Projects (8 speeches)
This motion concerns the urgent need for the construction of a new school at Summercove national school in Kinsale in view of the large number of prefab classrooms in the yard and the delay in...