Wednesday, 11 February 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Maurice Cummins that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Health and...
- Order of Business (124 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Gas (Amendment) Bill 2008 — Committee and Remaining Stages, to be taken at the conclusion of the Order of Business; No. 2, Harbours (Amendment) Bill 2008 —...
- Request to Move Adjournment of the Seanad under Standing Order 30 (7 speeches)
I have notice from Senator Ross regarding a motion he wishes to raise under Standing Order 30. I call Senator Ross to give notice of the motion before I give my ruling.
- Gas (Amendment) Bill 2008: Committee and Remaining Stages (12 speeches)
- Harbours (Amendment) Bill 2008: Committee Stage (resumed) (56 speeches)
- Child Poverty: Motion (21 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann acknowledges: that over 76,000 children are living in poverty in Ireland; the fact that 1 in 5 children are living in households where the income is so low that they...
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Care of the Elderly (7 speeches)
I wish to share time with Senator John Paul Phelan.
- Exhibition Ethics (8 speeches)
This matter relates to the Bodies exhibition currently taking place in Dublin of which, no doubt, the Minister of State is aware. I want the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism to outline the...
- School Accommodation (3 speeches)
Kildallon national school is 108 years old. The building has walls 12 ft. high. The rooms are very cold and the building is not insulated. It has been heated by storage heaters for most of...