Wednesday, 4 February 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator Frances Fitzgerald that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Justice,...
- Order of Business (117 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Industrial Development Bill 2008 — Committee and Remaining Stages, to be taken at the conclusion of the Order of Business; No. 2, Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2008...
- Industrial Development Bill 2008: Committee and Remaining Stages (24 speeches)
Sections 1 and 2 agreed to.
- Electoral Amendment Bill 2008: Second Stage (Resumed) (28 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Human Rights Issues: Motion (80 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann, in the light of: the abolition of the Combat Poverty Agency; the destruction of the Equality Authority; the downsizing of the Irish Human Rights Commission; the...
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Water and Sewerage Schemes (2 speeches)
I thank my colleague for the opportunity to speak first as I have another commitment. This issue concerns an outstanding scheme in Courtmacsherry and Timoleague in west Cork which has been...
- Crime Prevention (2 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity this evening to raise with the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the need to outline his views on the need to criminalise the act of grooming a young...
- Physical Education Facilities (7 speeches)
I wish to share my time with Senator Mullen, if possible. Perhaps the Leas-Chathaoirleach will let me know when I have spoken for three minutes to enable me to pass on the final two minutes...