Thursday, 12 February 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Cecilia Keaveney that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for...
- Order of Business (92 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2008 - Committee and Remaining Stages, to be taken at the conclusion of the Order of Business.
- Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2008: Committee Stage (25 speeches)
Sections 1 to 3, inclusive, agreed to.
- Recapitalisation of Allied Irish Banks and Bank of Ireland: Statements (42 speeches)
I am pleased to present to the House the details of the Government's recapitalisation package for Allied Irish Banks and Bank of Ireland. The recapitalisation of our two largest banks is a...
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Telecommunications Services (4 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach for allowing me to bring this matter to the attention of the Minister. In July 2008 I welcomed the fact that a €43 million telecoms boost would be made to the north...
- Schools Building Projects (5 speeches)
I tabled this matter because of the health and safety risk posed by the poor state of the existing building at Newpark comprehensive school and the fact that the Department of Education and...
- Milk Prices (7 speeches)
I am glad to have the opportunity to speak on the matter of the crisis faced by dairy farmers as a result of the continuing fall in milk prices. With the Chair's permission, I wish to share time...