Wednesday, 19 March 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator Nicky McFadden that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister of Education and...
- Order of Business (114 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 17, motion 35, an all-party motion re the undocumented Irish in the United States, to be taken without debate at the conclusion of the Order of Business; No. 1, Motor...
- Undocumented Irish: Motion (1 speech)
I move: "That Seanad Éireann: recognises the priority the United States must give to securing its borders; recognises in particular the difficult plight of undocumented Irish people who have...
- Motor Vehicle (Duties and Licences) Bill 2008: Second Stage (27 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Business of Seanad (2 speeches)
I would like to amend the Order of Business and take No. 2, Passports Bill 2007 — Committee and Remaining Stages, between now and 6.00 p.m.
- Passports Bill 2007 Committee Stage (Resumed) (25 speeches)
- Sustainable Residential Development: Motion (37 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann welcomes the publication of the draft planning guidelines on sustainable residential development in urban areas and the accompanying best practice urban design...
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- School Transport (3 speeches)
I thank the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government for being present throughout the afternoon. The matter I raise relates to school transport. After Christmas, the cost of...
- Schools Amalgamation (5 speeches)
I know the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government has been in the Chamber all afternoon. It is Easter week which explains the absence of other Ministers. I echo Senator...
- Services for People with Disabilities (6 speeches)
Ba mhaith liom fáilte a chur roimh an Aire. The new unit for eight intellectually-disabled people at Milltown, Monaghan town, is a state of the art facility. The house is fully fitted and...