Wednesday, 28 March 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (3 speeches)
I have notice from Senator John Paul Phelan that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Health and...
- Order of Business (154 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Finance Bill 2007 — Second Stage, to be taken on the conclusion of the Order of Business and to conclude no later than 1.30 p.m., with the contributions of...
- Finance Bill 2007 [Certified Money Bill]: Second Stage (94 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Social Welfare and Pensions Bill 2007: Committee Stage (80 speeches)
- Ethical Foreign Policy: Motion (160 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann calls on the Government to develop and implement an ethical foreign policy. I find it interesting that the Government has amended this motion in a manner that goes...
- Foyle and Carlingford Fisheries Bill 2006: Committee and Remaining Stages (18 speeches)
Sections 1 to 3, inclusive, agreed to.
- Carbon Fund Bill 2006: Committee and Remaining Stages (13 speeches)
Sections 1 to 10, inclusive agreed to.
- Roads Bill 2007: Report and Final Stages (13 speeches)
Before commencing, I remind Senators that a Senator may speak only once on Report Stage, except the proposer of an amendment who may reply to the discussion on the amendment. On Report Stage,...
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
Health Screening Programme.
- Health Screening Programme. (2 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Tim O'Malley, to the House. It was brought to my attention in recent months by a number of public health nurses and various members of the medical...
- Schools Building Projects. (5 speeches)
I recently visited Ballylanders primary school and met the principal and other staff members. There was extreme disappointment that they were unsuccessful in their application for the grant for...
- Job Creation. (2 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House. A report has been presented today to the Joint Committee on Enterprise and Small Business and it is an indictment of the level of investment in the...