Wednesday, 21 March 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (4 speeches)
I have notice from Senator O'Rourke that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education and Science to...
- Order of Business (106 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re the report from the Committee on Procedures and Privileges concerning necessary changes to Standing Orders consequent to the establishment of the Houses...
- Report of Committee on Procedure and Privileges: Motion (2 speeches)
I move: That the report of the Committee on Procedure and Privileges on amendments to Standing Orders relative to Public Business of 20 March 2007 be laid before Seanad Éireann, printed and adopted.
- Building Control Bill 2005: Committee and Remaining Stages (169 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government, Deputy Roche.
- Defamation Bill 2006: Committee Stage (Resumed) (109 speeches)
- National Climate Change Strategy 2000: Motion (64 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann condemns the abject failure of the Government to meet the targets set out in the National Climate Change Strategy 2000. This motion seeks to address the issue of...
- Protection of Employment (Exceptional Collective Redundancies and Related Matters) Bill 2007: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to make provision, consequent on the conclusion of the ten-year framework social partnership agreement 2006-2015 known as "Towards 2016", for the establishment of a...
- Protection of Employment (Exceptional Collective Redundancies and Related Matters) Bill 2007: Second Stage (11 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Protection of Employment (Exceptional Collective Redundancies and Related Matters) Bill 2007: Committee and Remaining Stages (6 speeches)
Sections 1 to 27, inclusive, agreed to.
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- School Accommodation. (19 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for remaining in the House to take this matter. I wish to put forward the case of St. Joseph's secondary school in Rochfordbridge, County Westmeath. This school is...
- Industrial Development. (3 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House this evening to discuss the need to prioritise Granard, County Longford, as a location for a new factory to advance its development and meet the needs...