Wednesday, 29 November 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator McHugh that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Health and Children...
- Order of Business (92 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Statements on Domestic Violence, to be taken on the conclusion of the Order of Business and to conclude no later than 1.30 p.m., with the contributions of...
- Domestic Violence: Statements (24 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach for the opportunity to inform the Seanad of progress on this important and serious issue. Domestic violence is too often a hidden crime in our society and we must never...
- British-Irish Agreement (Amendment) Bill 2006: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to make provision in relation to the agreement between the government of Ireland and the government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland constituted by...
- British-Irish Agreement (Amendment) Bill 2006: Second Stage (40 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- British-Irish Agreement (Amendment) Bill 2006: Committee and Remaining Stages (22 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Tax Code: Motion (133 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann calls on the Government to use the opportunity of the forthcoming budget to reform the existing stamp duty regime as a means of helping first-time buyers and those...
- Leas Cross Nursing Home Report: Statements (55 speeches)
I welcome this opportunity to address the Seanad on the important matter of the Leas Cross nursing home report. The Health Service Executive, HSE, published Professor Des O'Neill's report into...
- Adjournment Matters. (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services. (8 speeches)
I will not welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Power, to the House, since he has already had a long evening here.
- Private Health Care Insurance. (2 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Seán Power. I am interested in his views on competition in the health insurance market and, in particular, on the proposed introduction of risk...
- Hospital Services. (5 speeches)
Following the publication several weeks ago of a Comhairle na nOspidéal report on neurosurgical services, it became clear there was to be the continuation of only two units in the country....