Wednesday, 15 November 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator Morrissey that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for the Environment, Heritage...
- Order of Business (138 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, a procedural motion to allow for the withdrawal of the Prisons Bill 2005, which had been ordered for Committee Stage in the House, the motion to be taken without...
- Prisons Bill 2005: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, the order of the Seanad of 27 October 2005 that the Prisons Bill 2005 be considered in committee of the whole Seanad, be discharged and...
- UN Committee Report on Children in Ireland: Statements (Resumed) (22 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Health and Children, Deputy Brian Lenihan, to the House. Since our previous debate on this issue, we have already seen substantial change in...
- Homelessness: Motion (50 speeches)
I move: "That Seanad Éireann: notes the call of the MakeRoom campaign that homelessness in Ireland should be ended by 2010; recognises that this campaign is supported by Focus Ireland, the Simon...
- Local Government (Business Improvement Districts) Bill 2006: Report and Final Stages (24 speeches)
Amendment No. 1 is a Government amendment. Amendment No. 2 is cognate. The amendments will be taken together, by agreement. Is that agreed? Agreed.
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Housing Policy. (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for taking this matter. The concept of management companies is in dire need of reform and regulation because hundreds of thousands of euro is being collected from...
- Industrial Relations. (25 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House. Since I tabled this matter last week there has been a considerable change in terms of the Labour Court outcome to the case in question. Prior to...
- Schools Building Projects. (6 speeches)
I was expecting the Minister, Deputy Hanafin, to reply on this matter. The Minister of State, Deputy Batt O'Keeffe, will understand that my remarks are directed towards the Minister, Deputy Hanafin.