Wednesday, 22 March 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Mooney that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Social and Family...
- Order of Business. (153 speeches)
The Order of Business is Nos. 1, 2 and 23. No. 1, the Sea-Fisheries and Maritime Jurisdiction Bill 2005 — Committee Stage, to be taken on the conclusion of the Order of Business and to conclude...
- Sea-Fisheries and Maritime Jurisdiction Bill 2005: Committee Stage. (92 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources, Deputy Noel Dempsey, to the House.
- Diplomatic Relations and Immunities (Amendment) Bill 2005: Second Stage. (24 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Cancer Services: Motion. (48 speeches)
I move: That, in view of the fact that cancer is the second most common cause of death in Irish women and that death rates from cancer are higher in women in Ireland than in women in...
- Adjournment Matters. (0 speeches)
- Free Travel Scheme. (3 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach for allowing me to raise this matter on the Adjournment. I also thank the Minister for Social and Family Affairs, Deputy Seamus Brennan, for coming to the House to...
- Social Welfare Benefits. (2 speeches)
I am raising the issue of the need for the Department of Social and Family Affairs to put in place procedures to speed up the processing of forms for agents who collect social welfare payments on...
- Housing Aid for the Elderly. (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House. He is aware I have embarked on a new policy document on a new approach to ageing and ageism. Housing for older people is a major aspect of how we...