Thursday, 23 June 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Order of Business. (29 speeches)
The Order of Business today is No. 1, a referral motion whereby the subject matter of Nos. 18, 19 and 20 on today's Order Paper are being referred to the Oireachtas Joint Committee on Justice,...
- Standing Order 30. (2 speeches)
I have noted a matter of concern from Senator Brian Hayes under Standing Order 30: That Seanad Éireann notes with concern the fact that many first-time house buyers cannot avail of stamp duty...
- Order of Business (Resumed). (3 speeches)
Senator Brian Hayes asked if there would be separate liquor licensing legislation or if it would be done through the Garda Bill. We will know that very soon, as the Senator requested a briefing...
- Treaty of Amsterdam: Motions. (2 speeches)
I move: That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approve the exercise by the State of the option or discretion, provided by Article 3 of the fourth Protocol set out in the Treaty of Amsterdam, to...
- Commission to Inquire into Child Abuse (Amendment) Bill 2005: Committee and Remaining Stages. (58 speeches)
Sections 1 and 2 agreed to.
- Matter raised under Standing Order 30. (2 speeches)
I thank the Government Whip for standing in to replace the Leader during discussion of this matter raised under Standing Order 30, which I also mentioned on the Order of Business. As the Senators...
- Civil Service Regulation (Amendment) Bill 2004: Committee and Remaining Stages. (8 speeches)
Sections 1 to 6, inclusive, agreed to.