Wednesday, 26 May 2004
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Browne that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for the Environment,...
- Order of Business. (41 speeches)
The Government wishes to make important changes to the business of the Seanad for today and tomorrow. With the permission of the Cathaoirleach, I would like to announce these changes. The Order...
- Treaty of Amsterdam: Motions. (2 speeches)
I move: "That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approve the exercise by the State of the option or discretion provided by Article 1.11 of the Treaty of Amsterdam to take part in the adoption of...
- Health (Amendment) Bill 2004: Second Stage. (85 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Adoptive Leave Bill 2004: Committee Stage. (32 speeches)
Sections 1 and 2 agreed to.
- Visit of Saudi Arabian Ambassador. (1 speech)
I welcome His Royal Highness, Prince Turki Al Faisal, Ambassador of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to the United Kingdom and Ireland, who is present in the Distinguished Visitors Gallery with his...
- Adoptive Leave Bill 2004: Committee Stage (Resumed). (25 speeches)
- Middle East Conflict: Statements. (10 speeches)
I am pleased to have the opportunity to address the House on this subject. The violence and loss of life in the Middle East have been of major concern to the international community for a number...
- Housing Provisions: Motion. (167 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann recognises, in the light of the fact that: —in the last seven years house prices have trebled from the average price of a new house at €97,000 in 1997 to over...
- Business of Seanad. (9 speeches)
The Leader wishes to make an announcement regarding tomorrow's schedule.
- Adjournment Matters. (0 speeches)
- Shooting Regulations. (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House. I ask that the ban on shooting on State lands be removed. I have no direct interest in that area but I believe everyone is entitled to fairness, no...
- Decentralisation Programme. (3 speeches)
I have raised the issue of the necessity for decentralisation projects for Newcastle West in the other House on many occasions and I do not intend to elaborate the reasons I believe such projects...
- Swimming Pool Projects. (11 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House. I am disappointed the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism is not present but I understand he is attending another function. Based on my experience...