Wednesday, 12 March 2003
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
An Leas-Chathaoirleach: I have received notice from Senator Mooney that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: An Leas-Chathaoirleach:...
- Order of Business. (124 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Broadcasting (Major Events Television Coverage) Act 1999, which incorporated into Irish law the provisions of Article 3a of the television without frontiers...
- Broadcasting (Major Events Television Coverage) Act 1999 (Designation of Major Events) Order 2003: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann approves the following order in draft: Broadcasting (Major Events Television Coverage) Act 1999 (Designation of Major Events) Order 2003 a copy of which was laid...
- Electricity Regulation (Amendment) Bill 2003: First Stage. (3 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the Electricity Regulation Act, 1999, to provide for the regulation of the electrical contracting sector in the State by...
- Freedom of Information (Amendment) Bill 2003: Committee Stage (Resumed). (272 speeches)
- Convention on the Future of Europe: Statements. (58 speeches)
Acting Chairman: I formally welcome Deputy John Bruton to the House and commend him on his important work in the Presidium of the Convention on the Future of Europe. I invite him to address the...
- Motor Insurance: Motion. (56 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann calls on the Government to introduce urgent measures to bring down the cost of motor insurance for young drivers.
- Adjournment Matter. - Irish Community in Britain. (3 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Browne, in the absence of the Minister for Foreign Affairs, who will be representing our country abroad on this significant weekend for Irish people...