Tuesday, 9 November 2021
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2 p.m.
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (78 speeches)
Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael have bent over backwards for cuckoo funds. The catalogue of advantages they have given them include sweetheart tax deals, fast-track planning and reduced apartment...
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (12 speeches)
It has been agreed that the rapporteur's report will be taken as read. Are the proposed arrangements for business this week agreed to?
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (97 speeches)
Dublin's MetroLink is now postponed for another decade. This is a huge blow to the people of this city which, as the Taoiseach knows, is gridlocked with traffic. The postponement makes a...
- Special Meeting on Ireland and Northern Ireland Protocol: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders – (1) the Joint Committee on European Affairs, the Joint Committee on the Implementation of the Good Friday Agreement and the...
- Establishment of Special Committee on Gender Equality: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, in accordance with the recommendation of the Committee on Standing Orders and Dáil Reform pursuant to Standing Order 118A(2)(b), a Special Committee on Gender Equality is...
- Ministerial Rota for Parliamentary Questions: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in the Order of the Dáil of 30th July, 2020, setting out the rota in which Questions to members of the Government are to be asked, Questions for oral...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Citizens' Assembly (19 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if he will provide a report on the citizens’ assemblies pledged in the programme for Government. [52334/21]
- United Nations (20 speeches)
11. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his recent visit to the United States of America and his attendance at the United Nations in New York. [48197/21]
- Departmental Schemes (10 speeches)
18. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the preparation of the language scheme of his Department. [47860/21]
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 27A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Niamh Smyth - to discuss...
- National Surplus (Reserve Fund for Exceptional Contingencies) Act 2019: Motion (15 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann authorises the Minister for Finance, pursuant to section 6(1) of the National Surplus (Reserve Fund for Exceptional Contingencies) Act 2019 (the...
- Regional Transport Infrastructure: Motion [Private Members] (32 speeches)
I move: “That Dáil Éireann: notes that: — State-led strategic infrastructural investment is essential for the social and economic growth of our villages, towns, and...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) - Ceisteanna ar Sonraíodh Uain Dóibh - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Fuel Prices (7 speeches)
68. To ask the Minister for Finance if he will consider providing relief to low- and middle-income households struggling with the cost of energy through an exemption from VAT in respect of...
- Tax Code (7 speeches)
69. To ask the Minister for Finance if he will consider providing relief to low- and middle-income households struggling with the cost of energy through an exemption of VAT from domestic energy...
- Insurance Industry (21 speeches)
70. To ask the Minister for Finance the action he will take to ensure that all claim cost reductions derived from the new personal injuries guidelines are passed on to consumers in the form of...
- National Treasury Management Agency (7 speeches)
71. To ask the Minister for Finance the steps taken to date to divest from fossil fuel investments; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [54601/21]
- Forestry Sector (14 speeches)
72. To ask the Minister for Finance if landowners with trees that need immediate solutions will be entitled to tax deductions; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [54776/21]
- Ceisteanna Eile - Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Credit Unions (7 speeches)
74. To ask the Minister for Finance how he is supporting the credit union sector to continue to provide essential financial services to local communities; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Insurance Industry (7 speeches)
75. To ask the Minister for Finance his plans to enhance the National Claims Information Database, NCID, in relation to insurance; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [54357/21]
- Banking Sector (9 speeches)
76. To ask the Minister for Finance if he will report on recent engagement he or his Department have had with a trade union (details supplied) in relation to the future of banking in Ireland; and...
- Covid-19 Pandemic Supports (8 speeches)
77. To ask the Minister for Finance if he is considering extending enhanced employment wage subsidy scheme, EWSS, supports for childcare providers indefinitely; and if he will make a statement on...
- Tax Code (11 speeches)
78. To ask the Minister for Finance his plans to ensure that the new 15% minimum global corporate tax rate will be an effective rate given the many reliefs, deductions and allowances which the...
- Tax Credits (10 speeches)
79. To ask the Minister for Finance if he will review the relief available under the incapacitated child tax credit; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [54323/21]
- Tax Code (9 speeches)
80. To ask the Minister for Finance the last time the threshold was increased of the gift a parent can give to a child for them not to be liable to have it assessed as part of their life gifts or...
- Insurance Industry (8 speeches)
82. To ask the Minister for Finance the way he plans to increase competition in the insurance sector; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [54355/21]
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Further and Higher Education (4 speeches)
I am not disappointed by the Minister of State's presence but by the fact that the Minister for Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science is not here. The Minister of State...
- Hospital Trusts (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State, Deputy Rabbitte, for coming in tonight to take this important debate which I was keen to table here in the Dáil. I am disappointed that the Minister, Deputy...
- Drug Dealing (16 speeches)
I am grateful that the Minister of State is present. I am not from Tallaght but I have been lucky enough to grow to love it and its people as one of the Teachtaí Dála who represents...