Wednesday, 10 November 2021
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 9.12 a.m.
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 27A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Marc MacSharry - to...
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Local Authorities (10 speeches)
With apologies to the ushers, it seems we finally have an all-female Dáil.
- Water Quality (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for dealing with this issue. According to Irish Water, in the four-year period from 2017 to 2020, a total of 8.875 million cubic metres of untreated sewage and...
- Wastewater Treatment (6 speeches)
Beidh mé ag roinnt mo chuid ama leis an Teachta Colm Burke. Having listened to the previous speaker, the Minister of State is probably going to become an expert in water and water quality....
- Planning Issues (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Ossian Smyth, and thank him for taking the time to be with us. I appreciate that his colleague, Deputy Eamon Ryan, the Minister for the Environment,...
- Rising Costs and Supply Security for Fuel and Energy: Motion [Private Members] (25 speeches)
I move: "That Dáil Éireann: recognises: — that as the second winter of the pandemic approaches, we are now contending with a cost-of-living crisis on multiple fronts;...
- Death of Former Member: Expressions of Sympathy (10 speeches)
Before proceeding to Leaders' Questions, it would be appropriate, as the House will wish to join me, to express our sympathy to the family and many friends of the late Austin Currie who died...
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (45 speeches)
The latest daft.ierental report makes for very bleak reading. It will bring no comfort to tenants who hand over an extortionate amount of their earnings to landlords every month and it again...
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (96 speeches)
I implore Deputies to respect their colleagues. We have one minute for a question and no more than one minute for an answer. If Deputies take more, they are taking their colleagues' time.
- Parental Bereavement Leave (Amendment) Bill 2021: First Stage (6 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the Parental Leave Acts 1998 and 2006 to make provision for an entitlement to bereavement leave to an employee who is...
- Supplementary Estimates for Public Services 2021: Leave to Introduce (1 speech)
I move: That leave be given by the Dáil to introduce the following Supplementary Estimates for the service of the year ending on the 31st day of December, 2021: Vote 12 —...
- Estimates for Public Services 2021: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That, subject to leave being given to introduce the following Supplementary Estimates for the service of the year ending on 31st December, 2021, the Supplementary Estimates be referred...
- Finance Bill 2021: Financial Resolutions (4 speeches)
I move the following Resolutions: THAT Chapters 1, 2 and 2A of Part 30 of the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997 (No. 39 of 1997), which relate to occupational pension schemes, retirement annuities...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Anglo-Irish Relations (23 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his most recent discussions with the UK Prime Minister. [47882/21]
- Cabinet Committees (26 speeches)
7. To ask the Taoiseach when the Cabinet committee that deals with transport will next meet. [48290/21]
- Cabinet Committees (42 speeches)
16. To ask the Taoiseach the Cabinet committee that deals with agriculture; and when it is next due to meet. [48297/21]
- Finance (European Stability Mechanism and Single Resolution Fund) Bill 2021 [Seanad]: Second Stage (20 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Finance (European Stability Mechanism and Single Resolution Fund) Bill [Seanad] 2021: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform, and Taoiseach pursuant to Standing Orders 95(3)(a) and 181(1).
- Road Traffic and Roads Bill 2021: Second Stage (21 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." It is satisfying to be able to bring the Road Traffic and Roads Bill 2021 before the House. This Bill began life under the previous...
- Science Week 2021: Statements (28 speeches)
I am pleased to open this debate to mark Science Week 2021 in Ireland. I thank the Business Committee for scheduling the debate and Deputy Naughten for suggesting it. We are debating science in...
- Companies (Corporate Enforcement Authority) Bill 2021: Report and Final Stages (30 speeches)
Amendment No. 1, in the name of Deputy O'Reilly, arises out of committee proceedings.
- Garda Síochána (Functions and Operational Areas) Bill 2021: Report and Final Stages (10 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1: In page 24, between lines 27 and 28, to insert the following: "Amendment of section 33 of Act of 2005 30.Section 33 of the Act of 2005 is amended, in subsection (2),...
- Rising Costs and Supply Security for Fuel and Energy: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (1 speech)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Michael Collins on 10 November 2021:
- Finance Bill 2021: Financial Resolutions (Resumed) (1 speech)
The following Resolutions were moved by Deputy Paschal Donohoe on 10 November 2021: