Wednesday, 17 November 2021
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 9.12 a.m.
- Gnó na Dála - Business of Dáil (1 speech)
Before we begin, I want to read out a health and safety note. Members and all in attendance are asked to exercise personal responsibility in respect of protecting themselves and others from the...
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 27A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Jackie Cahill - to...
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Energy Prices (4 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for selecting this issue. Energy costs are rising which is really putting pressure on households and businesses. We have all heard reports of the numerous...
- Third Level Fees (6 speeches)
The current set-up in respect of SUSI applications in cases where parents have gone through or are going through marital separation is that they must provide proof of separation. That is set out...
- Mental Health Services (4 speeches)
I will raise a range of mental health topics, including suicide. I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for including this matter in today's Topical Issue debate. International Men's Day is on...
- An Garda Síochána (6 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this issue and the Minister for being here to discuss it with me. I want to say at the outset that I am 100% aware of her role in the allocation of...
- National Standards Authority of Ireland (Carbon Footprint Labelling) Bill 2021: Second Stage [Private Members] (44 speeches)
Deputies Bacik, Kelly and Nash are sharing time
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (80 speeches)
Last night the Taoiseach announced measures to curb the Covid-19 surge. Nobody wanted a backwards step in the progress won over a long, hard and often heartbreaking 18 months. We now find...
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (90 speeches)
Despite the widespread rejection of the report of the Commission of Investigation into Mother and Baby Homes and Certain Related Matters, the Government has based its redress scheme on its...
- Local Government (Maternity and Family Leave for Elected Members) Bill 2021: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the Local Government Act 2001 by making further and better provision in respect of certain absences by a member of a...
- Supplementary Estimates for Public Services 2021: Leave to Introduce (1 speech)
I move: That leave be given by the Dáil to introduce the following Supplementary Estimates for the service of the year ending on the 31st day of December, 2021:— Vote 20 —...
- Supplementary Estimates for Public Services 2021: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That, subject to leave being given to introduce the following Supplementary Estimates for the service of the year ending on 31st December, 2021, the Supplementary Estimates be referred...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- National Risk Assessment (10 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach the extent to which further potential risks have been identified in the context of the national risk assessment. [55793/21]
- Taoiseach's Meetings and Engagements (11 speeches)
4. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his attendance at the most recent European Council meeting. [54410/21]
- Northern Ireland (14 speeches)
8. To ask the Taoiseach when the shared island dialogue will hold its next meeting. [56126/21]
- Land and Conveyancing Law Reform Bill 2021 [Seanad]: Second Stage (52 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." As Deputies will be aware, this is an important and urgent Bill. It will avert a legal cliff edge that is due to occur later this month by...
- Land and Conveyancing Law Reform Bill 2021: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Justice pursuant to Standing Orders 95(3)(a) and 181(1).
- Road Traffic and Roads Bill 2021: Second Stage (Resumed) (10 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Air Accident Investigation Unit Final Report into R116 air accident: Statements (25 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle. I am grateful to the House for affording me this occasion to make a statement on the Air Accident Investigation Unit’s final report of its investigation into...
- Child and Family Agency (Amendment) Bill 2021: Committee and Remaining Stages (0 speeches)
Sections Nos. 1 to 30, inclusive, agreed to.
- National Standards Authority of Ireland (Carbon Footprint Labelling) Bill 2021 [Private Members]: Second Stage (Resumed) (3 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Ivana Bacik on 17 November 2021: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."