Tuesday, 9 November 2021
Special Meeting on Ireland and Northern Ireland Protocol: Motion
That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders – (1) the Joint Committee on European Affairs, the Joint Committee on the Implementation of the Good Friday Agreement and the Seanad Special Select Committee on the Withdrawal of the UK from the EU may hold a joint meeting to consider the Protocol on Ireland/Northern Ireland of the Agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland from the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community;
(2) the quorum of the joint meeting shall be 10;
(3) the Cathaoirligh of the three Committees shall agree the arrangements for the chairing and conduct of the joint meeting;
(4) Members of Dáil Éireann and Seanad Éireann, not being members of the aforementioned Committees, may attend and take part in proceedings of the joint meeting without having a right to vote or to move motions and amendments;
(5) Members of the European Parliament elected from constituencies in Ireland and Members of the Westminster Parliament elected from constituencies in Northern Ireland may attend the Joint meeting and may take part in proceedings without having a right to vote or to move motions and amendments; and
(6) for the purposes of the joint meeting, the orders of reference of the Committees shall otherwise apply only insofar as they are common to all three committees.