Tuesday, 19 November 2019
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2 p.m.
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (112 speeches)
Again today, the media has been briefed by the Government that it will strip the housing powers of county and city councils to speed up the building of homes. Such sentiments have been expressed...
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (81 speeches)
The business this week shall be as set out in the report of the Business Committee dated 14 November 2019. In relation to today's business, it is proposed that No. 13, Motion re Supplementary...
- Broadcasting (Television Licence Fees Recovery) Bill 2019: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide for the provision of data by television broadcasting service providers for the purpose of assisting in the recovery...
- Civil Liability and Courts (Amendment) Bill 2019: Referral to Select Committee [Private Members] (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Justice and Equality pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 141.
- Supplementary Estimates: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That leave be given by the Dáil to introduce the following Supplementary Estimates for the service of the year ending on the 31st day of December, 2019:— Vote 6 —...
- Supplementary Estimates: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That, subject to leave being given to introduce the following Supplementary Estimates for the service of the year ending on 31st December, 2019, the Supplementary Estimates be referred...
- Horse and Greyhound Racing Fund Regulations 2019: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the following Regulations in draft: Horse and Greyhound Racing Fund Regulations 2019, copies of which were laid in draft form...
- Reappointment of Ombudsman: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, noting that the Government on 19th September, 2019, nominated Mr. Peter Tyndall for reappointment by the President, as Ombudsman, recommends, pursuant to...
- Reappointment of Information Commissioner: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann recommends Mr. Peter Tyndall for re-appointment by the President, to be the Information Commissioner.
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- EU Meetings (28 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his recent communication with the President of the European Council. [45284/19]
- Climate Action Plan (99 speeches)
7. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the launch of the first progress report on the Climate Action Plan 2019. [46413/19]
- Gnó na Dála - Business of Dáil (1 speech)
I remind Members that Dáil na nÓg will meet in the Chamber on Saturday to discuss climate change.
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Donnchadh Ó...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) - Ceisteanna ar Sonraíodh Uain Dóibh - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Junior Cycle Reform (7 speeches)
30. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills if he is satisfied that there is now no school-based oral examination of the Irish syllabus at junior cycle. [47776/19]
- Special Educational Needs (7 speeches)
31. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills if the special education teacher allocation model still gives an additional weighting to gender on the basis of on the number of boys attending...
- European Court of Human Rights Judgments (8 speeches)
32. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the status of the reforms of the ex gratia scheme established in July 2015 in view of the O'Keeffe case; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Third Level Funding (10 speeches)
34. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills his plans for medium and long-term funding for third level education in view of the increasing demographic demand and the effect of substantial...
- Schools Amalgamation (13 speeches)
33. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the status of the amalgamation of Cahir national schools; his views on the long duration of the process; the reason for same; and if he will make...
- Ceisteanna Eile - Other Questions (0 speeches)
- School Accommodation Provision (7 speeches)
35. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the status of a development at a school (details supplied); the funding that will be made available; the timeline of when the works will be...
- DEIS Scheme (11 speeches)
38. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills his plans to ensure equality of access for students of all socioeconomic backgrounds; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [47467/19]
- School Transport Review (7 speeches)
37. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the plans he has put in place to review the school bus transport scheme in view of the serious difficulties that arise with the scheme each year...
- Oideachas Gaeilge (7 speeches)
39. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills cén teagmháil a bhí aige leis an Aire Cultúir, Oidhreachta agus Gaeltachta nó leis an Roinn nó le haon Aire eile...
- Schools Building Projects (7 speeches)
42. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the reason for the delay in building a permanent school on the Phoenix Park racecourse site for a college (details supplied); when construction of...
- Technological Universities (8 speeches)
43. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the position regarding the establishment of a technological university for the south east; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [47078/19]
- Schools Building Projects Status (4 speeches)
44. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the status of the redevelopment project at a school (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the matter. [47482/19]
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Housing, Planning and Local Government has completed its consideration of the Housing (Regulation of Approved Housing Bodies) Bill 2019 and has made amendments thereto.
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- School Accommodation Provision (9 speeches)
The Minister is familiar with the rapid growth of the commuter belt in north Kildare in particular. We have discussed schools in Naas, Maynooth and elsewhere where demand has greatly outstripped...
- Company Registration (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle's office for selecting for debate this important matter and the effect it can have on SMEs throughout the country. SI 110 of 2019 set a date for the legal obligation...
- Social and Affordable Housing (12 speeches)
I seek an update from the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government on the status of the O'Devaney Gardens redevelopment project. I do so in a constructive way in an effort to move...
- Middle East Issues (8 speeches)
I apologise on behalf of Deputies Boyd Barrett and Gino Kenny, who, unfortunately, are double-booked. I ask the Tánaiste, Deputy Coveney, to condemn in the strongest possible terms the...
- Finance Bill 2019: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Finance Bill 2019: Report Stage (55 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1: In page 8, between lines 5 and 6, to insert the following: “Sea-going naval personnel credit 5.(1) The Principal Act is amended— (a) in section...
- Personal Assistance Service: Motion (33 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: notes that: — in March 2018, Ireland formally ratified the United Nations Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities (UNCRPD), which...