Wednesday, 30 May 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Common Agricultural Policy Negotiations (10 speeches)
43. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the actions he is taking at EU level to ensure the proposed budget cuts for the 2021 to 2027 CAP programme are reversed in view of the...
- Common Agricultural Policy Negotiations (7 speeches)
44. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the way in which basic payments to farmers will be affected under the new CAP arrangements in view of the fact so many farmers are...
- Trade Agreements (11 speeches)
45. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the position on the latest Mercosur talks; his plans to protect Irish farmers by ensuring beef will not form part of a final Mercosur...
- Forestry Sector (12 speeches)
46. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the steps and work being undertaken to encourage and incentivise agroforestry with a particular focus on native species in view of...
- Aquaculture Regulation (16 speeches)
47. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the number of salmon farm escapes that were reported in 2017; the investigations that have been carried out relating to farmed salmon...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Farm Data (10 speeches)
48. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine his plans to deal with low farm income in the cattle rearing and sheep farming sectors as outlined in the Teagasc national farm income...
- Trade Agreements (16 speeches)
49. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the estimated effect on Irish farming of the go-ahead recently given by the EU to begin trade negotiations with Australia and New...
- Hardship Grant Scheme (7 speeches)
50. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine his plans to introduce a hardship fund for those who suffered significant damage to glasshouses during recent storms but do not plan...
- Brexit Issues (7 speeches)
51. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the efforts he is making to develop new export markets in the context of Brexit; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [23767/18]
- Live Exports (7 speeches)
52. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the way in which live calf exports have performed in quarter one of 2018 and if he will make a statement on the matter. [23622/18]
- Live Exports (5 speeches)
56. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the way in which live exports performed in quarter one of 2018 and if he will make a statement on the matter. [23763/18]
- Leaders' Questions (18 speeches)
One must feel for those people whose births were incorrectly registered or who were adopted illegally and have learned for the first time that their parents are not their birth parents on foot of...
- Questions on Promised Legislation (111 speeches)
Twenty-five Deputies are offering. I call Deputy Micheál Martin.
- Homeless Prevention Bill 2018: First Stage (6 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled An Act to amend the Housing Act 1988 to provide a legal definition of persons at risk of homelessness and to give the Minister for...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Programme for Government Implementation (26 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach the status of the implementation of A Programme for a Partnership Government. [21242/18]
- Freedom of Information Requests (15 speeches)
7. To ask the Taoiseach the number of freedom of information requests his Department has received to date in 2018. [21442/18]
- Agreements with Members (19 speeches)
10. To ask the Taoiseach if he has specific deals or arrangements with Independent Deputies. [21487/18]
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Frank O'Rourke - to...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Sports Capital Programme (7 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for giving me the opportunity to raise this important issue. The Canon Hayes Recreation Centre in Tipperary town is struggling to stay open. The centre has been a...
- Public Procurement Contracts (8 speeches)
The concept of tendering for State contracts is, in principle, a worthwhile one. There is an obligation on the Government to get the best possible value for taxpayers' money. However, a number...
- School Accommodation (6 speeches)
I sincerely hope the Minister of State, Deputy Mitchell O'Connor, has come in here with some good news for me because the people in St. Michael's special school in Skerries truly deserve it....
- Educational Supports (4 speeches)
I raise the issue of Lisdoonvarna national school. Lisdoonvarna is a very famous town in County Clare. The school has had to take in 18 extra pupils over the past three months because a direct...
- Residential Tenancies (Greater Security of Tenure and Rent Certainty) Bill 2018: Second Stage [Private Members] (71 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am presenting the Bill on behalf of the Labour Party and sharing time with Deputy Brendan Ryan. The Labour Party is bringing the Bill...
- Residential Tenancies (Greater Security of Tenure and Rent Certainty) Bill 2018: Referral to Select Committee [Private Members] (2 speeches)
As this is a Private Members' Bill, it must, under Standing Orders 84A and 141, be referred to a select committee. The relevant select committee for this Bill is the Select Committee on Housing,...
- Message from Seanad Éireann (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Radiological Protection (Amendment) Bill 2018 without amendment.
- Business of Dáil (3 speeches)
I understand the Government Chief Whip has a proposal for an alteration in the business tomorrow arising out of the request that we had earlier today on the Order of Business.
- Education (Admission to School) Bill 2016: Report Stage (Resumed) (289 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 2: