Tuesday, 8 May 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.00 p.m.
- Death of Former Member: Expressions of Sympathy (6 speeches)
As Taoiseach and as leader of Fine Gael, I wish to offer my condolences to the family and friends of Monica Barnes, a woman I met many times and greatly admired for her courage, integrity and...
- Leaders' Questions (28 speeches)
Susan Mitchell of The Sunday Business Postwrote at the weekend that last week was one of the worst in the history of the Irish health service. She was summing up the understandable anger at how...
- Order of Business (72 speeches)
Today’s business shall be No. 6, motion re appointment of a member of the Legal Services Regulatory Authority; No. 22, Radiological Protection (Amendment) Bill 2018 - Order for Report,...
- Appointment of Member of the Legal Services Regulatory Authority: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That Dáil Éireann, noting that the Government agreed on 20th March, 2018, to propose, for the approval of Dáil Éireann, Sara Moorhead SC to be a member of the Legal...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Strategic Communications Unit (8 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach the details of the new structure of the communications unit within his Department following the completion of the review. [18891/18]
- Taoiseach's Meetings and Engagements (14 speeches)
4. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his recent engagement at the University of Leuven in Belgium on 26 April 2018. [18947/18]
- Taoiseach's Meetings and Engagements (11 speeches)
7. To ask the Taoiseach if he has spoken to the British Prime Minister, Mrs. Theresa May recently. [18949/18]
- Topical Issues Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputies Michael Harty, Joan...
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Justice and Equality has completed its consideration of the Data Protection Bill 2018 and has made amendments thereto.
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Local Infrastructure Housing Activation Fund (10 speeches)
23. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government the amount drawn down under the local infrastructure housing activation fund per annum to date; the number of affordable homes...
- Homeless Persons Data (13 speeches)
24. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government the councils that miscategorised persons in monthly homeless reports; the months on which persons were wrongly included; the...
- Social and Affordable Housing Provision (7 speeches)
26. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government the reason 428 fewer real social houses, that is, units owned by local authorities and approved housing bodies, were delivered...
- Home Loan Scheme (7 speeches)
27. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government further to Parliamentary Question No. 636 of 27 March 2018, if the application form for the Rebuilding Ireland home loan scheme...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Housing Regeneration (9 speeches)
28. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government his plans to support a regeneration team (details supplied) to utilise public lands at a location for 300 social and public...
- Commercial Rates Valuation Process (9 speeches)
29. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government the measures being taken to ensure that small and medium enterprises are not adversely affected by commercial rate...
- Social and Affordable Housing Funding (7 speeches)
30. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government the extent to which he will provide additional funding for the provision of social housing to Limerick City and County Council...
- Social and Affordable Housing Eligibility (25 speeches)
31. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government when the review of income eligibility limits for social housing will be finalised and published; and if he will make a...
- Emergency Accommodation Provision (7 speeches)
32. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government the spending by Galway City Council on emergency accommodation from 2015 to 2017 and to date in 2018; the nature of the...
- Wind Energy Guidelines (8 speeches)
34. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government when he will place new wind energy guidelines placed on a statutory footing. [19852/18]
- Housing Assistance Payment Administration (5 speeches)
35. To ask the Minister for Housing, Planning, and Local Government the action he plans to take to address the difficulty of housing applicants in finding private rented accommodation within the...
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht has completed its consideration of the Heritage Bill 2016 and has made amendments thereto.
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Water Pollution (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State, Deputy English, for staying on for the debate. He has had a busy evening answering Other Questions. The Minister, Deputy Eoghan Murphy, is excused this time. I...
- Mental Health Services Provision (8 speeches)
Thank you, a Cheann Comhairle, for allowing us to raise this important issue. I am disappointed that neither the Minister for Health nor the Minister of State, Deputy Jim Daly, who has...
- Schools Building Projects (4 speeches)
I the need to move on the project for a new building to replace the Kolbe Special School at Block Road, Portlaoise. The school badly needs new accommodation. Good progress has been made in...
- Defined Benefit Pension Schemes (6 speeches)
I raise this issue to highlight the plight of 1,200 workers formerly employed by Irish Life, which was sold to a Canadian company, Great-West Lifeco, GWL. The net effect of what is proposed is...
- Radiological Protection (Amendment) Bill 2018: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Radiological Protection (Amendment) Bill 2018: Report and Final Stages (49 speeches)
Amendment No. 1 arises out of Committee Stage proceedings. Amendments Nos. 1 to 4, inclusive, are related and may be discussed together.
- Radiological Protection (Amendment) Bill 2018: Fifth Stage (3 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill do now pass."
- Road Traffic (Amendment) Bill 2017: Report Stage (Resumed) (6 speeches)
Bill recommitted in respect of amendments Nos. 4 to 21, inclusive, and amendment No. 28.
- Health Service Reform: Motion [Private Members] (49 speeches)
I move:That Dáil Éireann: recognises: — that it has been 12 months since the publication of the cross-party consensus report by the Committee on the Future of Healthcare...