Thursday, 31 May 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 9.30 a.m.
- Referendum of 25 May: Statements (Resumed) (33 speeches)
I always have and always will respect that there are different views, beliefs and opinions on this issue, however, the outcome on Saturday and the resounding "Yes" from the people of Ireland to...
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (1 speech)
Yesterday the Leas Cheann-Comhairle and I had issues with times in terms of questions so I will be strict on time procedures and I ask Members not to abuse them. The first question is in the name...
- Postal Services (7 speeches)
1. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment his plans to facilitate the implementation of An Post's new vision programme; and the deadlines by which State services...
- National Mitigation Plan Implementation (14 speeches)
2. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment his plans to replace the National Mitigation Plan under the Climate Action and Low Carbon Development Act 2015. [23936/18]
- Renewable Energy Incentives (14 speeches)
3. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment the status of the new renewable energy support scheme; the date by which this will be launched; and if he will make a...
- Broadband Service Provision (12 speeches)
4. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment his views on the poor broadband service and deteriorating mobile coverage in County Tipperary; and the measures he will...
- Recycling Policy (8 speeches)
5. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment the steps he plans to take to achieve the measure that 100% of plastics are recyclable and that 50% of such materials are...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Energy Policy (11 speeches)
6. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment the immediate contingency steps he will take to safeguard security and competitiveness of energy supply here following...
- Electric Vehicles (18 speeches)
I understand the Minister is taking Questions Nos. 7 and 10 together in the names of Deputies Aindrias Moynihan and Catherine Martin. I understand Deputy Eamon Ryan is taking the question for...
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions (9 speeches)
8. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment his plans to support the fast-tracking of the Fossil Fuel Divestment Bill 2016 in view of the fact that the State is...
- Offshore Exploration Licences (9 speeches)
9. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment his plans to issue new licences undertaken or leased for the exploration of oil or gas here in the coming months; if he...
- Bioenergy Strategy (4 speeches)
11. To ask the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment the status of the draft bioenergy plan; when he expects to publish the plan; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Criminal Justice (Corruption Offences) Bill 2017 without amendment.
- Leaders' Questions (52 speeches)
Yesterday, I heard the experience of one of the 209 women at the centre of the CervicalCheck scandal. About two weeks after the story broke, she got a phone call from her consultant. She was...
- Questions on Promised Legislation (37 speeches)
We have 21 members offering at this point. We have 15 minutes available to us.
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform, and Taoiseach has completed its consideration of the Markets in Financial Instruments Bill 2018 and made amendments thereto.
- Fatal Road Traffic Collision in County Monaghan in 2011: Statements (27 speeches)
Shane O'Farrell's death was a tragedy and his loss has had a catastrophic impact on his family. Shane was just 23 years of age when he was killed while cycling in County Monaghan in 2011. He...
- Mental Health (Amendment) Bill 2017: From the Seanad (6 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Judicial Appointments Commission Bill 2017: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (95 speeches)
I remind Members that we dealt with amendment No. 37 before adjourning the debate. We will now resume on amendment No. 38, which was discussed with amendment No. 25.
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Caoimhghín Ó...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- European Court of Human Rights Judgments (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming into the Chamber to take this most important matter. Time is not on our side. On 9 August 1971 Operation Demetrius was introduced by the British army...
- Water Services (16 speeches)
Last night we got word that the water supply for Drogheda-east Meath had once again been disrupted with a significant burst main, one which had burst about a year ago. The concerns and worries...
- Garda Divisional Headquarters (8 speeches)
The Minister of State, Deputy Stanton, is taking the Topical Issue matter on a Garda headquarters for County Meath; he is from County Cork but he will manage that.
- Disposal of Hazardous Waste (6 speeches)
There is shock, disgust and rage in the communities of the lower harbour in Cork at the decision announced this morning by An Bord Pleanála to give the green light to a 240,000 tonne per...
- Maternity Protection (Members of the Houses of the Oireachtas) Bill 2018: Second Stage [Private Members] (16 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Maternity Protection (Members of the Houses of the Oireachtas) Bill 2018: Referral to Select Committee [Private Members] (1 speech)
I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Justice and Equality pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 141.