Wednesday, 8 November 2017
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10 a.m.
- Water Services Bill 2017: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (42 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 37: - (Deputy Mick Barry).
- Civil Liability (Amendment) Bill 2017 [Seanad]: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Civil Liability (Amendment) Bill 2017 [Seanad]: Report Stage (31 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1:In page 11, line 7, to delete “5 years” and substitute “3 years”. I just make the point at the outset that it is a bit mad that the Joint...
- Leaders' Questions (66 speeches)
At the beginning of last month, and indeed, before then, I raised the plight of section 39 bodies in the health area, specifically hospices. They are being treated in a particularly shabby,...
- Visit of Hungarian Delegation (1 speech)
Before proceeding to questions on promised legislation, I wish to offer on my behalf and that of the Members céad míle fáilte - a most sincere welcome - to the Speaker of the...
- Questions on Promised Legislation (75 speeches)
In the programme for Government, there is a clear commitment to reduce emergency department overcrowding and numbers coming into hospitals as well as to expand hospital capacity. Will the...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- EU Meetings (64 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if, during the recent European Council meeting, the opportunity arose to discuss the recent independence referendum in Catalonia; and if specific measures are being...
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Rural Development Programme Data (18 speeches)
38. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine if all RDP 2014 to 2020 funding will be fully expended by the end of 2020 in all RDP schemes; if the targets for scheme participation...
- Fodder Crisis (9 speeches)
39. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine his plans for a fodder aid package to farmers affected by extreme weather conditions over the past two months. [47189/17]
- Basic Payment Scheme Payments (8 speeches)
40. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the status of the programme for Government commitment to propose a lowering of the cap on basic payments. [47191/17]
- Coillte Teoranta Lands (8 speeches)
41. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine his views on whether Coillte's recent announcement that it is examining 25 of its land parcels and seeking partnerships with private...
- Fisheries Offences (14 speeches)
The next question is in the name of Deputy Pringle. I send to him the good wishes of the House for a speedy recovery.
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Brexit Issues (8 speeches)
43. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the steps he is taking to protect farmers in Border counties from a hard Brexit; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [46935/17]
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Thomas Byrne - Garda...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions (19 speeches)
44. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the percentage of manure systems that are dry systems and liquid systems, respectively; the percentage of agricultural manure handled...
- GLAS Payments (11 speeches)
45. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine to ensure there will be no delays in advancing 2017 GLAS payments in view of the fact that the issues being encountered are beyond the...
- Horseracing Industry (11 speeches)
46. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine if his attention has been drawn to the continuing absence of proper drug testing protocols in the horse racing industry; and the...
- Horticulture Sector (11 speeches)
47. To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the financial supports or emergency funds that are available to the nursery sector to alleviate the financial loss and the threat to...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Garda Deployment (22 speeches)
The first matter is from Deputy Thomas Byrne. Is the Minister of State, Deputy Patrick O'Donovan taking this matter?
- Infectious Diseases (4 speeches)
This issue concerns the outbreak of measles in north County Dublin in the last few weeks. It has happened a few times in recent years and is an issue I feel strongly about as a pharmacist. From...
- Quarrying Sector (8 speeches)
I want to be clear at the outset as to why I am raising the sale of nine lots in a quarry portfolio in counties Carlow and Wicklow. I am doing so on behalf of the people I represent. Over 100...
- Industrial Relations (13 speeches)
Before, during and after the strike at Bus Éireann, the Minister gave commitments on the floor of the Dáil that he would convene a forum involving all stakeholders to facilitate...
- Equality (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2017: Second Stage [Private Members] (32 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am sharing time with Deputy Fiona O'Loughlin. I welcome the opportunity to introduce the Equality (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2017...
- Business of Dáil (2 speeches)
Moltar, d'ainneoin aon ní i rún na Dála inné, más rud é go dtiocfaidh an dara chéim den Bhille Oidhreachta 2016 chun críche um tráthnóna, ní...
- Civil Liability (Amendment) Bill [Seanad] 2017: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (95 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 5: - (Deputy Mick Wallace).
- Heritage Bill 2016 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (32 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."