Wednesday, 15 November 2017
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 12 noon
- Leaders' Questions (19 speeches)
We are in the midst of a housing crisis at all levels, with issues including homelessness, the cost of renting and the inability to get a council house or to buy an affordable house. The...
- Visit of Austrian Delegation (1 speech)
Before proceeding with business, I wish on my own behalf and on behalf of the Members to offer a céad míle fáilte - a most sincere welcome - to Mr. Edgar Mayer, President of the...
- Leaders' Questions (Resumed) (58 speeches)
Cuirim céad míle fáilte roimh na cuairteoirí. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to watch Leaders' Questions on television and I listened intently, as I always do, to what the...
- Questions on Promised Legislation (62 speeches)
We now move to questions on promised legislation and not statements on promised legislation. One minute, one question, one Member.
- Petroleum and Other Minerals Development (Climate Emergency Measures) Bill 2017: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the Petroleum and Other Minerals Development Act 1960 to provide for a prohibition of the issuing of licences for the...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Cabinet Committee Meetings (55 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach when the Cabinet committee E (health) will next meet. [47835/17]
- Brexit Staff (28 speeches)
2. To ask the Taoiseach the number of staff in his Department that are working on Brexit specific issues. [47900/17]
- Cabinet Committee Meetings (26 speeches)
3. To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on Cabinet committee F on national security. [47898/17]
- Estimates for Public Services 2017: Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Rural and Community Development has completed its consideration of the following Revised Estimate for public services for the year ending 31 December 2017: Vote 42 -...
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Catherine Murphy - the...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Emergency Departments (13 speeches)
21. To ask the Minister for Health the reason for the record overcrowding in hospital emergency departments to date in 2017; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [48416/17]
- Medical Products (9 speeches)
22. To ask the Minister for Health when his attention was drawn to the side effects and complications of transvaginal mesh implant procedures; the steps he has taken to address and take control...
- Medical Card Eligibility (7 speeches)
23. To ask the Minister for Health his plans to review medical card eligibility criteria for persons with disabilities in order to facilitate their participation in the workforce and if he will...
- Mental Health Services Funding (6 speeches)
24. To ask the Minister for Health his views on the increase in mental health problems reported in the most recent census; the impact of the level of mental health funding in this regard; and if...
- Medicinal Products Supply (13 speeches)
25. To ask the Minister for Health the status of the HSE's approval process for the health technology assessment report from the National Centre for Pharmacoeconomics, NCPE, on the drug Kuvan,...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Mental Health Services Funding (7 speeches)
26. To ask the Minister for Health his budget allocations for a service (details supplied). [47977/17]
- Orthodontic Services Waiting Lists (7 speeches)
27. To ask the Minister for Health the action being taken to address the long waiting times for orthodontic services in counties Cork and Kerry. [48208/17]
- Maternity Services Provision (10 speeches)
28. To ask the Minister for Health when anomaly scans will be available in the Midland Regional Hospital Mullingar. [47978/17]
- Health Services Expenditure (9 speeches)
29. To ask the Minister for Health the portion of the additional €658 million allocated to the health service in budget 2018 that will deal with changing demographics; the amount allocated...
- Medicinal Products Regulation (7 speeches)
30. To ask the Minister for Health his plans to undertake an investigation into the current and historical use of the drug, sodium valproate; if a State-wide register of those women who were on...
- Ambulance Service Provision (7 speeches)
31. To ask the Minister for Health the proposals in place to expand the ambulance service in south and west Wicklow; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [48197/17]
- Mental Health Services Provision (8 speeches)
32. To ask the Minister for Health when he expects the number of community child and adolescent mental health services, CAMHS, posts in CHO 1 to reach the level recommended under A Vision for...
- Mental Health Services Staff (8 speeches)
We move to the final question, in the name of Deputy Thomas Byrne. I ask the Deputy to forfeit the 30-second introduction to the question. Doing so will give him an opportunity to ask a...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Planning Issues (6 speeches)
The immediate reaction to the Minister of State's decision to overturn decisions made by Kildare County Council on the Celbridge local area plan is, predictably, negative. People wonder what the...
- Traveller Accommodation Provision (4 speeches)
The Minister of State is aware that two very important reports on the issue of Travellers and Traveller accommodation were published in the past four weeks. The first report was commissioned by...
- Hospital Waiting Lists (4 speeches)
I raise this issue on foot of the grave disquiet earlier in the year when the "Prime Time" programme, "Living on the List" unearthed the fact that the information on which we depend to know about...
- Health Services Provision (7 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for allowing me to highlight Parkinson's disease and the need for services for those who have developed this disease and especially for the carers and family...
- Housing (Homeless Families) Bill 2017: Second Stage [Private Members] (51 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I thank the many people, including some Deputies, who have already indicated their support for this Bill, which I commend to the House. No...
- Housing (Homeless Families) Bill 2017: Referral to Select Committee [Private Members] (1 speech)
I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Housing, Planning and Local Government pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 141.
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Acting Chairman: Seanad Éireann has passed the Water Services Bill 2017, without amendment.
- Messages from Select Committees (1 speech)
Acting Chairman: The Select Committee on Housing, Planning and Local Government has completed its consideration of the following Revised Estimate for public services for the service of the year...
- Diplomatic Relations (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2017: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Diplomatic Relations (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2017: Report and Final Stages (0 speeches)
Bill received for final consideration and passed.
- Health and Social Care Professionals (Amendment) Bill 2017: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now." This Bill is relatively short and technical containing a total of nine sections. It passed Committee Stage on 11 July last, without amendment. The Bill...
- Health and Social Care Professionals (Amendment) Bill 2017: Report and Final Stages (29 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1:In page 3, between lines 14 and 15, to insert the following:“Amendment of section 4 of Principal Act 2. Section 4(1) of the Principal Act is amended by the insertion...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Civil Liability (Amendment) Bill 2017, without amendment.
- Criminal Justice (Corruption Offences) Bill 2017: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
- Criminal Justice (Corruption Offences) Bill 2017: Second Stage (49 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am delighted to introduce the Criminal Justice (Corruption Offences) Bill 2017 to the House. The Bill is significant legislation which...
- Criminal Justice (Corruption Offences) Bill 2017: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the Criminal Justice (Corruption Offences) Bill 2017 be referred to the Select Committee on Justice and Equality pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 149(1).