Wednesday, 29 May 2013
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (24 speeches)
Last week, I questioned the Tánaiste about the "Prime Time" special on the quality of services in crèches and early childhood services. We both agreed the early years are the most...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Non-Use of Motor Vehicles Bill 2013, without amendment.
- Order of Business (68 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 15, statements on the European Council in Brussels, pursuant to Standing Order 102A(2)(b); and No. 2, Financial Emergency Measures in the Public Interest Bill 2013 -...
- Suspension of Member (2 speeches)
I move: "That Deputy Catherine Murphy be suspended from the service of the Dáil."
- Order of Business (Resumed) (35 speeches)
I now call on the Taoiseach to reply to the objections raised by Deputies Micheál Martin and Gerry Adams to the manner in which No. 2 on the Order of Business is being treated.
- Access to the Countryside Bill: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to confer functions on county councils in relation to the identification of lands to which the public ought to have a right of...
- European Council: Statements (31 speeches)
I am pleased to brief the House on the outcome of this month's meeting of the European Council which took place in Brussels last Wednesday, 22 May. Last week's Summit meeting had an agenda which...
- Topical Issue Matters (4 speeches)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 27A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Luke 'Ming' Flanagan -...
- Financial Emergency Measures in the Public Interest Bill 2013: Second Stage (Resumed) (8 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Departmental Bodies Expenditure (8 speeches)
1. To ask the Minister for Social Protection the reason two contracts, with a total value of €98,892 (details supplied) were granted by her Department without the necessity to submit a...
- Family Income Supplement (6 speeches)
2. To ask the Minister for Social Protection her plans regarding the future of family income supplement and its income limits. [26027/13]
- Housing Assistance Payments Implementation (6 speeches)
3. To ask the Minister for Social Protection if she will confirm that adequate budgeting has been transferred away or is planned to be transferred away from her Department to accommodate the...
- Anti-Poverty Strategy (8 speeches)
4. To ask the Minister for Social Protection the progress that has been made, if any, in completing and publishing a strategy to tackle for poverty. [26008/13]
- National Internship Scheme Administration (6 speeches)
5. To ask the Minister for Social Protection following the Indecon report into the JobBridge Scheme which revealed that an estimated 240 of the 7,300 companies surveyed are availing of the scheme...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Illness Benefit Applications (6 speeches)
6. To ask the Minister for Social Protection if her attention has been drawn to any differential rate of refusals for disability benefit between applications when the applicant concerned has a...
- Job Initiatives (4 speeches)
7. To ask the Minister for Social Protection if she will outline the use of private contractors in the INTREO activation service; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [25826/13]
- Jobs Initiative Inquiry (6 speeches)
8. To ask the Minister for Social Protection the reason a person (details supplied) Dublin 12 has not been allowed rejoin the jobs initiative, as others have done; and if she will instruct...
- Employment Support Services (8 speeches)
9. To ask the Minister for Social Protection the progress that has been made in the implementation of the pathways to work strategy; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [25819/13]
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Crèche Inspections (34 speeches)
As 11 Members have raised this issue with the Ceann Comhairle, namely, Deputies Peter Mathews, Simon Harris, Derek Keating, Robert Troy, Mary Lou McDonald, Ciara Conway, Alan Farrell,...
- Turf Cutting Compensation Scheme Issues (16 speeches)
Unfortunately, the way the Dáil is structured does not work very well at times and today we have seen it. I hope we will have another debate on the child care issue very soon. Everyone...
- Social and Affordable Housing Provision (12 speeches)
The importance of every citizen having a safe and secure home cannot be overstated. Like the Acting Chairman, I am increasingly concerned about the critical shortage of social housing provision...
- Financial Emergency Measures in the Public Interest Bill 2013: Committee Stage (312 speeches)
- Confidence in the Minister for Justice and Equality: Motion (Resumed) [Private Members] (135 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Niall Collins on Tuesday, 28 May 2013: That Dáil Éireann has no confidence in the Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence, Alan Shatter T.D.
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Public Health (Tobacco)(Amendment) Bill 2013, without amendment.
- Financial Emergency Measures in the Public Interest Bill 2013: Committee Stage (Resumed) and Remaining Stages (159 speeches)