Thursday, 2 May 2013
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (114 speeches)
We read today that those who have health insurance are facing a further 15% hike in premiums from 1 July. This means that the average premium for two adults and two children will have doubled in...
- Order of Business (37 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Education and Training Boards Bill 2012 - Amendments from the Seanad; No. 20, Industrial Development (Science Foundation Ireland) (Amendment) Bill 2012 [Seanad] -...
- Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 27A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Maureen O'Sullivan - the...
- Education and Training Boards Bill 2012: Amendments from the Seanad (10 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Industrial Development (Science Foundation Ireland) (Amendment) Bill 2012 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (10 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Industrial Development (Science Foundation Ireland) (Amendment) Bill 2012: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation pursuant to Standing Orders 82A(3)(a) and (6)(a) and 126(1) of the Standing Orders relative to Public...
- Housing (Amendment) Bill 2013: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to amend section 31 of the Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009; and to provide for related matters.
- Housing (Amendment) Bill 2013: Second Stage (41 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am delighted to introduce this Bill to the House. The Bill is straightforward, making technical changes to section 31 of the Housing...
- Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Bus Éireann (40 speeches)
We know from media reports and confirmation from the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport, that industrial action is pending on behalf of workers in Bus Éireann. This choice of action...
- Property Taxation Administration (10 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this Topical Issues matter. Many issues concerning the property tax have arisen since it was included in the troika agreement three years ago, including...
- Commemorative Coins (9 speeches)
As the Minister of State will be aware, The Gathering is taking place this year as Ireland seeks to attract visitors from around the world, including in particular people with family connections...
- Fodder Crisis (4 speeches)
I am pleased the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine, Deputy Simon Coveney, is present for this debate. I compliment him on intervening in the fodder crisis, which has reached...
- Ceisteanna - Questions - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Garda Recruitment (36 speeches)
1. To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality his plans for Garda recruitment in 2013; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [20855/13]
- Judicial Appointments (8 speeches)
2. To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality if he has read the Reform Of Judicial Appointments Procedures Bill 2013; and his views on whether it forms the basis for bringing an end to the...
- Judiciary Issues (6 speeches)
4. To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality the mechanisms of the new communications between the judiciary and the Government; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [20856/13]
- Garda Industrial Relations Issues (6 speeches)
5. To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality if he has held any recent meetings with the Garda Representative Association and the Association of Garda Sergeants and Inspectors to address the...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Visa Agreements (10 speeches)
6. To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality the steps he has taken to address visa issues with visitors to the Schengen agreement area who subsequently want to travel here; and if he will...
- Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission (7 speeches)
7. To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality his views on the operation of the Garda Ombudsman; and if he has any plans to improve accountability of An Garda Síochána. [20714/13]
- Garda Investigations (11 speeches)
8. To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality if he will instigate a public inquiry into the death of Father Niall Molloy. [20854/13]