Tuesday, 31 May 2011
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Appointments to State Boards (21 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will consider allowing joint Oireachtas committees play a greater role in the selection of candidates to State boards other than chair persons. [10466/11]
- Consultancy Contracts (7 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Taoiseach the public affairs, public relations and advertising contracts that have been established by him since he has taken office. [10715/11]
- Policy Development and Implementation (77 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Taoiseach the work he has undertaken to coordinate Government policy on economic renewal and jobs. [11382/11]
- Northern Ireland Issues (10 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Taoiseach the level of contacts he has had with political leaders in the North. [11384/11]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Nursing Homes Support Scheme (14 speeches)
Question 38: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if he will provide further clarity regarding funding for the nursing home support scheme; the reasons behind the review of the scheme;...
- Accident and Emergency Services (9 speeches)
Question 40: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if maintaining the 24 hour accident and emergency service at Wexford General Hospital remains in the long-term plans of the health...
- Health Service Executive Board (8 speeches)
Question 41: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if he will give details of the work of the interim board of the Health Service Executive; if he will give further details of his...
- National Drugs Strategy (6 speeches)
Question 42: To ask the Minister for Health and Children his views on the fact that the drugs issue, affecting many individual and families in every town and village across the country, will...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Hospital Accommodation (10 speeches)
Question 43: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if he has a programme for the reopening of closed public hospital beds and wards; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [13464/11]
- Fair Deal Scheme (9 speeches)
Question 44: To ask the Minister for Health and Children the action he proposes to take regarding the funding of the fair deal scheme; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [13457/11]
- Mental Health Services (6 speeches)
Question 45: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if he will provide an update on the implementation of the mental health strategy [13422/11]
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Peter Fitzpatrick - the loss of...
- Leaders' Questions (79 speeches)
Last week a Cabinet Minister gave an extensive media briefing about policy on low-paid workers without clearing it with the Taoiseach or the Cabinet. This set off days of briefings and...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (5 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32. I call on Deputy Healy-Rae.
- Order of Business (215 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 9, Criminal Justice Bill 2011- Second Stage (resumed). It is also proposed to take Private Members' business, which shall be No. 25 – Motion re Government and...
- Criminal Justice Bill 2011: Second Stage (Resumed) (30 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Government and Oireachtas Reform: Motion (40 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: recognising that: - the unqualified and urgent desire of the people of Ireland is to rebuild Ireland's political system into an effective, accountable, transparent,...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Passport Applications (6 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle and the Acting Chairman, Deputy Tom Hayes, for allowing me the opportunity to raise the need for the Minister for Foreign Affairs to review procedures at the Passport...
- School Transport (4 speeches)
The rules for the primary school transport scheme will change as a result of budget 2011 and these changes will come into effect for the school year 2011-12. The main changes are the...
- Employment Support Services (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this issue. Most Members will be aware of the new Tús scheme that has been announced. It has been welcomed in many communities and we look...
- Job Creation (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this most important issue. A significant employer in Dundalk, Vodafone, has in the past week or so announced significant job losses. At...