Thursday, 27 May 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (6 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32. I will call Deputies in the order in which they submitted notices to my office.
- Order of Business. (266 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. a11, motion re referral to joint committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of a directive of the European Parliament and of the Council on preventing and...
- EU Directive to Combat Trafficking: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion under Protocol No. 21 on the position of the United Kingdom and Ireland in respect of...
- Membership of Committees: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Deputy Ciarán Cuffe (Minister of State at the Departments of Transport, Agriculture, Fisheries and Food and Environment, Heritage and Local Government) be discharged from the Joint...
- Adoption Bill 2009 [Seanad]: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: " That Report Stage be taken now."
- Adoption Bill 2009 [Seanad]: Report and Final Stages (44 speeches)
Amendment No. 1 is in the name of Deputy Jan O'Sullivan and it arises out of Committee proceedings.
- Nurses and Midwives Bill 2010: Second Stage (Resumed) (16 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Nurses and Midwives Bill 2010: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Health and Children in accordance with Standing Order 122(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of Reference of that committee.
- Civil Partnership Bill 2009: Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women's Rights has completed its consideration of the Civil Partnership Bill 2009 and has made amendments thereto.
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Departmental Agencies (21 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for the Environment; Heritage and Local Government if he will implement the proposals in the Dublin Docklands Development Authority (Amendment) Bill 2009 to...
- Social and Affordable Housing (6 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for the Environment; Heritage and Local Government the financial implications for the Exchequer if he establishes another land owning agency, the Housing and...
- Unfinished Housing Estates (16 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for the Environment; Heritage and Local Government the steps undertaken by local authorities to ensure developers and owners of unfinished housing estates leave...
- Legislative Programme (21 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for the Environment; Heritage and Local Government his plans to amend the Electoral Act; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [22611/10]
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
Social and Affordable Housing
- Social and Affordable Housing (10 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for the Environment; Heritage and Local Government the position regarding the home choice scheme; the funding that was set aside at the set-up of this scheme;...
- Local Government Elections (23 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for the Environment; Heritage and Local Government when he will bring legislation on the setting up of a directly elected Mayor for Dublin to the Houses of the...
- Dog Breeding Legislation (6 speeches)
The Dog Breeding Establishments Bill 2009 proposes to give statutory effect to the recommendations of the working group that reviewed the management of dog breeding establishments. The working...
- European Court Rulings (11 speeches)
I presume the question refers to European Court of Justice cases C215-06 and C66-06, both of which relate to the Environmental Impact Assessment Directive and which are the subject of letters of...
- Local Government Reform (9 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for the Environment; Heritage and Local Government when the local government white paper will be published; when the review group on local government...
- Noise Pollution (2 speeches)
Question 11: To ask the Minister for the Environment; Heritage and Local Government when legislation will be brought forward to deal with noise pollution; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Foreshore Licences (8 speeches)
Question 12: To ask the Minister for the Environment; Heritage and Local Government when he expects to judge on a foreshore licence for the Poolbeg waste to energy facility; and if he will make...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Denis Naughten - the...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services (3 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for giving me an opportunity to raise this important issue this evening. A statement issued by the HSE on 12 May last, in which plans for a reduction in...
- Health Services (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this matter on the future of the HSE in the light of recent developments. We are all aware, and I certainly acknowledge, individual staff...
- Hospital Services (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this important matter in the Adjournment debate on the floor of the Dáil tonight on behalf of the people of Longford-Westmeath. I am...
- Adult Education (14 speeches)
A Cheann Comhairle, I first raised this matter after a visit to the Labour Party advice centre that I run on Saturdays by a young student, Naoise McDonagh, on 30 January 2010. On 10 February,...