Tuesday, 25 May 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 14.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions. (0 speeches)
- European Council Meetings (50 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he has received an agenda for the June 2010 meeting of the European Council; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [16299/10]
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Departmental Expenditure (17 speeches)
Question 32: To ask the Minister for Social Protection the amount that will be identified for savings within his Department in view of the instruction by the Department of Finance that...
- Social Insurance (25 speeches)
Question 33: To ask the Minister for Social Protection the reason for the delay in finalising full details on the PRSI incentive scheme for employers; and the way he intends to proceed [22002/10]
- Debt Management (26 speeches)
Question 34: To ask the Minister for Social Protection the action he is taking to assist persons who are over indebted and need help and advice in coping with debt problems; and if he will make...
- Social Insurance (13 speeches)
Question 35: To ask the Minister for Social Protection if his attention has been drawn to the difficulties self employed persons experience in claiming jobseeker's allowance under the current...
- Pension Provisions (66 speeches)
Question 36: To ask the Minister for Social Protection the reason a distinction is now being made as regards the payment of PRSI at Class S rate, between those in retirement who purchase an...
- Social Welfare Benefits (41 speeches)
Question 75: To ask the Minister for Social Protection the processing time it takes for individual social welfare offices to deal with a claim for jobseeker's allowance to date in 2010; and if...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Brian O'Shea - the need...
- Visit of Saudi Arabia Delegation (1 speech)
Before proceeding with business, I wish on my own behalf and on behalf of the Members of Dáil Éireann to offer a céad míle fáilte, a most sincere welcome, to Dr. Mazen A. Balilah and Members...
- Leaders' Questions (41 speeches)
Can I ask the Taoiseach to state the number of children who may have died in the care of this State in the past ten years?
- Requests to Move Adjournment of Dáil Under Standing Order 32 (6 speeches)
We now move on to notices under Standing Order 32. I will call Deputies in the order in which they submitted notices to my office.
- Order of Business. (124 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 8, motion re referral to select committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the terms of the Council of Europe Convention on Action against Trafficking in Human...
- Council of Europe Convention: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves in accordance with Article 29.5.2 of Bunreacht na hÉireann, the terms of the Council of Europe Convention on Action against Trafficking in...
- Economic Partnership Agreements: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the terms of the three interim Economic Partnership Agreements: (i) Interim Agreement with a view to an Economic Partnership Agreement...
- Revised Estimates for Public Services: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding Standing Order 154(1) or (2) or the Order of the Dáil of 18 February 2010, the following Further Revised Estimates for Public Services for the year ending 31...
- Energy (Biofuel Obligation and Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2010 [Seanad] - Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Energy (Biofuel Obligation and Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2010 [Seanad] - Report and Final Stages (19 speeches)
Amendment No. 1 arises out of committee proceedings. Amendments Nos. 1 to 3, inclusive, are related and may be discussed together by agreement.
- Message from Seanad Éireann (1 speech)
Acting Chairman (Deputy Charlie O'Connor: Seanad Éireann has passed the Intoxicating Liquor (National Conference Centre) Bill 2010 without amendment.
- Criminal Justice (Public Order) Bill 2010: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to prohibit harrassment or intimidation of members of the public by persons who engage in begging; to confer power on members of the Garda Síochána to give directions to...
- Criminal Justice (Public Order) Bill 2010: Second Stage (7 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am pleased to bring the Criminal Justice (Public Order) Bill 2010 to this House. The aim of the Bill is to replace the old begging regime...
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Electoral Representation (Amendment) Bill 2010: Second Stage (77 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." With the permission of the House, I will share my time with Deputies Maureen O'Sullivan, David Stanton and Jim O'Keeffe. The purpose of this...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
National Disability Strategy
- National Disability Strategy (2 speeches)
I wish to thank the Ceann Comhairle's office for facilitating me in raising this important issue, which concerns not alone my constituency but many others throughout the country. I am a member...
- Hospital Services (2 speeches)
The history of St. Mary's Orthopaedic Hospital on the north side of Cork shows that in its day it provided a vision of the future. The new buzz word in Cork in terms of health services is...
- Social Welfare Benefits (2 speeches)
There is an urgent need for the Minister for Social Protection and the Minister for Health and Children to take immediate action to ensure the delivery of the back to school clothing and footwear...
- Agricultural Colleges (4 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for giving me an opportunity to raise the staffing problems that are currently mitigating against the three private agricultural colleges, as opposed to the...