Tuesday, 16 February 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
Freedom of Information.
- Freedom of Information. (20 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the number of freedom of information requests which were processed by his Department to date in 2010; the number which have been acceded to; and if he will make...
- Departmental Expenditure. (123 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Taoiseach the projected cost in 2010 of the communications unit in his Department; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [48388/09]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Diplomatic Representation. (15 speeches)
Question 70: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the number of embassies that are based here. [7358/10]
- Overseas Development Aid. (6 speeches)
Question 71: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if his attention has been drawn to the media reports which suggest that a court in Switzerland has found that a family (details supplied) is...
- Human Rights Issues. (12 speeches)
Question 72: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if, in view of the entry into force of the Lisbon treaty and the refusal of the Israeli authorities to grant a visa to him to visit Gaza, the...
- Ireland's Role in Europe. (6 speeches)
Question 73: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if he will establish an all party task force to implement the recommendations of the Sub-Committee on Ireland's Future in the European Union;...
- Irish Diaspora. (9 speeches)
Question 74: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the estimated number of Irish diaspora. [7359/10]
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- International Agreements. (9 speeches)
Question 75: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if his attention has been drawn to the crackdown on the use of various international websites (details supplied) in Libya; if this is in...
- Asia Strategy. (21 speeches)
Question 76: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the position regarding the Asia strategy following the conclusion of the first phase thereof; the objectives which he seeks for the second...
- Haitian Earthquake. (37 speeches)
Question 77: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if he has discussed with his EU colleagues the degree to which a satisfactory and effective emergency response took place in relation to the...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Pat Breen - the future of...
- Leaders' Questions (46 speeches)
Yesterday the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment laughed at the prospect of meeting Mr. Michael O'Leary. No one in north Dublin is laughing today.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (9 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32. I will call on the Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notice to my office.
- Order of Business (81 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 10, motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the terms of the agreement on social security between the Government of Ireland and the Government of Japan (back...
- Suspension of Member. (5 speeches)
The Deputy clearly implied I was complicit. I move: "That Deputy Charles Flanagan be suspended from the service of the Dáil".
- Order of Business (Resumed). (79 speeches)
I would like to bring to the Chair's attention that the Fine Gael spokesperson on justice, equality and law reform merely said that he hoped that the Ceann Comhairle's office-----
- Committees of the Houses of the Oireachtas (Powers of Inquiry) Bill 2010: Order for Second Stage (4 speeches)
Bill entitled an Act to confer on each House of the Oireachtas and on both of them acting jointly, through committees, a power to appoint inquiries into and to commission reports upon matters...
- Order of Business (Resumed) (80 speeches)
We will move on to the motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the terms of the agreement on social security between the Government of Ireland and the Government of Japan. Could I call...
- Social Security Agreement: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the terms of the Agreement on Social Security between the Government of Ireland and the Government of Japan which was signed at Dublin on the 29th October,...
- Referral to Select Committee: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the following Order in draft: Finance Act 2004 (Section 91) (Deferred Surrender to the Central Fund) Order 2010, copies of which have been...
- Private Notice Questions (0 speeches)
- Job Creation. (109 speeches)
I will call on the Deputies who tabled questions to the Minister for Health and Children in the order in which they submitted their questions to my office. Deputy Leo Varadkar asked the Tánaiste...
- Personal Explanation by Minister (22 speeches)
The Minister for Defence, Deputy Willie O'Dea, has given notice in writing that he wishes to give a personal explanation. The Ceann Comhairle has decided to permit a personal explanation by the...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Committees of the Houses of the Oireachtas (Powers of Inquiry) Bill 2010: Second Stage (16 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Mental Health Services.
- Mental Health Services. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this issue on the Adjournment. I welcome the Minister of State with responsibility for mental health and disability services, Deputy Moloney,...
- Departmental Staff. (2 speeches)
Through the Acting Chairman I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me the opportunity to raise this issue. The busiest social welfare local office in the country is in Cork and the second...
- Social and Affordable Housing. (2 speeches)
I raise this issue because a meeting of the northern committee of Cork County Council took place yesterday at which a decision was announced to dispose of up to 106 affordable units, under the...
- School Staffing. (4 speeches)
It is an disgrace that the Minister for Education and Science is not in the House to take this important matter, which was been raised by three of the four Members representing Dublin South-West....