Wednesday, 24 February 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (119 speeches)
The Taoiseach's Government has failed the country and the people. We now have a situation where 437,000 people are on the live register, with a further 70,000 projected to lose their jobs this...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- State Visits. (107 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the foreign visits he plans to undertake in 2010; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [48399/09]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (5 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (221 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 21, statements following the informal meeting of the European Council of 11 February, 2010; No. 22, Communications (Retention of Data) Bill 2009 - Order for Report,...
- European Council Meeting: Statements (25 speeches)
The informal meeting of the European Council on Thursday, 11 February was the first meeting presided over by the new President of the European Council, Herman Van Rompuy, under the new Lisbon...
- Communications (Retention of Data Bill) 2009: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Communications (Retention of Data Bill) 2009: Report Stage (3 speeches)
Amendment No. 1 in the name of Deputy Sherlock arises out of committee proceedings and amendment No. 2 is related. Therefore, amendments Nos. 1 and 2 may be discussed together.
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Communications, Energy and Natural Resources has completed its consideration of the Inland Fisheries Bill 2009 and has made amendments thereto.
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Defence Forces Strength.
- Defence Forces Strength. (9 speeches)
Question 60: To ask the Minister for Defence if, in view of the fact that a new authorised minimum strength of 10,000 personnel has been agreed for the Defence Forces, the organisation has...
- Departmental Expenditure. (6 speeches)
Question 61: To ask the Minister for Defence the amount paid by the banks for cash escort services provided by the Defence Forces during 2009; if he is satisfied that this covers the full cost...
- Irish Red Cross. (17 speeches)
Question 62: To ask the Minister for Defence the number of complaints and concerns about governance and management issues at the Irish Red Cross brought to his attention since 2007; if his...
- Defence Forces Strength. (6 speeches)
Question 64: To ask the Minister for Defence if discussions have taken place with a view to any downsizing of the Defence Forces, the merging of brigades and other units of the Defence Forces;...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Departmental Offices. (14 speeches)
Question 65: To ask the Minister for Defence the nature of the office arrangements that will be put in place to facilitate his presence in Dublin when the Houses of the Oireachtas are in session...
- Defence Forces Recruitment. (17 speeches)
Question 66: To ask the Minister for Defence the number of women in the Defence Forces as of today in view of the forthcoming anniversary of the implementation of the Defence (Amendment) (No. 2)...
- Overseas Missions. (14 speeches)
Question 67: To ask the Minister for Defence if his attention has been drawn to the fact that the Government of Chad has called for the withdrawal of the military element of the UN force in...
- Departmental Expenditure. (6 speeches)
Question 68: To ask the Minister for Defence the savings that will accrue to his Department arising from the public service pay cuts applied by the Financial Emergency Measures in the Public...
- Defence Forces Training. (14 speeches)
Question 69: To ask the Minister for Defence if the report of the court of inquiry into the accident at Kilworth Camp, County Cork in June 2009 (details supplied) has been forwarded by the...
- Air Accident Investigations. (6 speeches)
Question 70: To ask the Minister for Defence if he will make a statement on the outcome of the preliminary investigation into the crash of a Pilatus PC-9 in Connemara on 12 October 2009 with the...
- Defence Forces Strength. (7 speeches)
Question 71: To ask the Minister for Defence if, when new strengths by rank within the authorised 10,000 strength of the Defence Forces are agreed, the organisation will have sanction to promote...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Mary O'Rourke - the...
- Communications (Retention of Data Bill) 2009: Report Stage (Resumed) (41 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 1:
- Communications (Retention of Data Bill) 2009: Fifth Stage (1 speech)
Question proposed: "That the Bill do now pass."
- Road Traffic Bill 2009: Second Stage (Resumed) (40 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Unemployment: Motion (Resumed) (94 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Leo Varadkar on Tuesday, 23 February 2010:
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Arbitration Bill 2008, without amendment.
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Mental Health Services.
- Mental Health Services. (2 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to raise this issue, which I have raised previously over a number of years. I am prompted to do so having attended and addressed the European Association of...
- Building Regulations. (3 speeches)
I thank Deputy McEntee for allowing me to share time with him on this important issue. In October 2007 I called on the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government to immediately...
- Alternative Energy Projects. (3 speeches)
Is the Minister of State, Deputy Killeen, dealing with this matter? He is. It is not that I would not deal with the Minister of State, Deputy Barry Andrews, but I doubt very much that there...
- Special Educational Needs. (7 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for choosing this matter on the Adjournment. I want to appeal in the strongest possible way against the proposed reduction of four special needs assistants in St....