Thursday, 10 December 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Order of Business (133 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. a14, motion re implementation of new powers of national parliaments under the Lisbon treaty; No. 41a, financial motions by the Minister for Finance , motion 5,...
- Implementation of new powers of national Parliaments under the Lisbon treaty: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann — having regard to— (a) the Resolution of Dáil Éireann of 8th October 2009, approving the terms of the Treaty of Lisbon amending the Treaty on European Union and...
- Financial Resolution No.5: General (Resumed). Debate resumed on the following motion: (111 speeches)
(1) THAT the Value-Added Tax Act 1972 (No. 22 of 1972) be amended
- Message from Seanad Éireann (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Statute Law Revision Bill 2009 without amendment.
- Social Welfare and Pensions (No. 2) Bill 2009: Second Stage (131 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Criminal Prosecutions. (18 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform his views on whether it is necessary to introduce new legislation to facilitate prosecutions in view of the Garda...
- Departmental Expenditure. (6 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform his views on the recommendations of the report of the Special Group on Public Service Numbers and Expenditure Programmes...
- Crime Levels. (8 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the steps he has taken in recent months to decrease the likelihood of further tiger kidnappings. [46446/09]
- Deportation Orders. (38 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform if his attention has been drawn to the removal of a child (details supplied) from his mother at Dublin Airport on 15 August...
- International Agreements. (6 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform his views on whether the principles enshrined in the Schengen Agreement should apply here; his further views on whether the...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Garda Deployment. (20 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the number of community gardaí in each county; his views on expanding the number of community gardaí and expanding the role...
- Legislative Programme. (16 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the progress made in respect of introducing a DNA database; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [46281/09]
- Garda Reserve. (9 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the number of garda reservists appointed to date; his views on the functioning of the programme; and if he will make a...
- Prison Staff. (10 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the number of prison officers that are serving in each prison here; the number of same that were serving in each prison in...
- Social Welfare and Pensions (No. 2) Bill 2009: Second Stage (Resumed) (267 speeches)
Before Question Time, we were dealing with the Social Welfare and Pensions (No.2) Bill and the Order for Second Stage. A number of queries were raised and I wish to clarify the position to the...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
The following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 were received by the Ceann Comhairle, and this is a list of the name of the member in each case: (1) Deputy...
- Social Welfare and Pensions (No. 2) Bill 2009: Second Stage (Resumed) (629 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Fire Safety Issues (4 speeches)
On at least three occasions during Adjournment debates on the North Fringe development in Dublin north east, I have urged the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government, Deputy...
- Teagasc Office Closures (6 speeches)
I wish to raise the proposed closure of the Teagasc office in Castlebar. I understand a decision was made last March at a board meeting to close 18 offices around the country and that a decision...
- Third Level Education. (2 speeches)
I appreciate the opportunity to raise a very important issue tonight that concerns the whole of County Tipperary, north and south. We were one constituency back in the 1940s but we are a very...