Tuesday, 15 December 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
European Council Meetings.
- European Council Meetings. (44 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he has received an agenda for the proposed EU summit on 19 November 2009; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [41721/09]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Departmental Expenditure. (6 speeches)
Question 28: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the impact the Budget Statement for 2010 will have on the services provided by his Department; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Diplomatic Representation. (20 speeches)
Question 29: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs his view on the appropriateness of the position of Dean of the Diplomatic Corps being filled, not on a rotational basis as prevails in most...
- Middle East Peace Process. (12 speeches)
Question 31: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs his plans to visit the Gaza Strip; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [47059/09]
- Overseas Development Aid. (18 speeches)
Question 32: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the areas in which the cuts in overseas development aid, announced in Budget 2010, will be made. [47141/09]
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Debt Relief. (9 speeches)
Question 33: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs his plans to promote more debt cancellation, free from conditions, for all southern countries that require it; and if he will make a...
- Diplomatic Representation. (12 speeches)
Question 34: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the role he played in the recent release of a person (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the matter. [46819/09]
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Deirdre Clune - the need...
- Leaders' Questions (99 speeches)
I would like to raise with the Taoiseach the consequences of last Wednesday's budget. Bearing in mind that the hype and big discussion are over, the consequences are becoming evident for a great...
- Request to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (3 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a notice under Standing Order 32. I call on Deputy Feighan.
- Order of Business (178 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 11, motion re referral to select committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the reports by the Minister for Defence regarding service by the Defence Forces...
- Referral to Select Committee: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding the Orders of Reference of the Select Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women's Rights, (i) the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves: (i) the report by...
- Orders of Reference of Committee: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the Order of Dáil Éireann of 15 October 2009 in relation to the Joint Committee on the Constitutional Amendment on Children be amended by the deletion of '16 December 2009' and the...
- Financial Emergency Measures in the Public Interest (No. 2) Bill 2009: Order for Second Stage (0 speeches)
- (3 speeches)
I move: "That Second Stage be taken now."
- Financial Emergency Measures in the Public Interest (No. 2) Bill 2009: Second Stage (0 speeches)
- (43 speeches)
Bill entitled an Act in the public interest, to provide for the reduction of the remuneration of certain persons in the public service (including members of the Houses of the Oireachtas and...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Social Welfare Cuts: Motion (29 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann calls on the Government to reverse the unjust cuts directly affecting carers, the blind and the disabled. With the agreement of the House, I wish to share my time with...
- Financial Emergency Measures in the Public Interest (No. 2) Bill 2009: Second Stage (Resumed) (227 speeches)
The following motion was moved earlier today by the Minister for Finance:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services. (5 speeches)
I raised this matter on the Adjournment on 24 November 2004. Back then, Dr. Sean O'Rourke was the consultant at the accident and emergency unit of Kerry General Hospital. He had major...
- Medical Cards. (3 speeches)
What is happening is disgraceful. People over 70 fully entitled to a medical card, when they submit their review forms with supporting information, find that they still have not received their...
- Private Rented Accommodation. (6 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for being here to reply. I am raising an issue in my constituency that I know has resonance in other constituencies as well, particularly in the cities and urban...
- Relocation of VEC Centre. (4 speeches)
I hope the Acting Chairman will have more latitude towards the discourse between the Minister of State and myself. We are both constituency colleagues, so we can continue the discussion afterwards.