Wednesday, 11 February 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (100 speeches)
The Taoiseach has a different personality from his predecessor. While sometimes I despair for our country, I admire the resilience and patience of our people. One of the most shameful acts in...
- Ceisteanna—Questions (0 speeches)
- Official Gifts. (14 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the rules in place in his Department governing the acceptance of hospitality by Ministers from State agencies; and if he will make a statement on the matter. ...
- Freedom of Information. (20 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Taoiseach the number of freedom of information requests received by his Department during November 2008; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [44686/08]
- Irish-US Relations. (42 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his recent telephone conversation with the then President-elect of the United States, Mr. Barack Obama; and if he will make a statement on...
- Requests to move Adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32 (6 speeches)
Anois, iarratais chun tairisceana a dhéanamh an Dáil a chur ar athló faoi Bhuan Ordú 32, requests to move the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (308 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 1, Charities Bill 2007 — amendments from the Seanad; No. 19, Legal Services Ombudsman Bill 2008 — Order for Report, Report and Final Stages; and No. 18, Employment...
- Charities Bill 2007: From the Seanad (44 speeches)
Before we begin I wish to bring to the attention of Members that the original list of amendments circulated on 18 December 2008 should not be used. All amendments to be considered are on the...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Rural Environment Protection Scheme.
- Rural Environment Protection Scheme. (12 speeches)
Question 64: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food the reason REPS 4 applicants have not been paid 12 months after they submitted their applications; and if he will make a...
- EU Directives. (6 speeches)
Question 65: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food the position regarding the pesticides directive; the obligations landowners will have regarding legislation; and if he will...
- Pigmeat Sector. (16 speeches)
Question 66: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food the drawdown from the €180 million fund approved by Dáil Éireann to deal with the pork dioxin contamination; the...
- Alternative Farm Enterprises. (8 speeches)
Question 67: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food the policy in regard to assisting landowners in growing crops for production of biofuels or alternative energy; and if he...
- Farm Waste Management. (48 speeches)
Question 68: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food the amount of money required by his Department to meet its full outstanding liabilities under the farm waste management...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Grant Payments. (20 speeches)
Question 69: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food if he will confirm the level of payment expected to be made available under the suckler cow welfare scheme in 2009 and 2010;...
- Common Agricultural Policy. (10 speeches)
Question 70: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food if the additional modulation agreed to in the CAP health check will result in a loss of money to farmers here. [4940/09]
- Dairy Sector. (29 speeches)
Question 71: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food the additional support measures being put in place to support the dairy sector here. [4932/09]
- Food Industry. (12 speeches)
Question 72: To ask the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food if extra funding will be made available to Bord Bia to promote Irish produce to continental EU markets following the pork...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy James Bannon — the need...
- Private Notice Questions (0 speeches)
- Financial Transactions (302 speeches)
I will call on the Deputies who tabled questions to the Minister for Finance in the order in which they submitted their questions to my office.
- Suspension of Member (25 speeches)
As the Deputy has decided she will not leave the House——
- Charities Bill 2007: From the Seanad (Resumed) (56 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to resume consideration of amendments from the Seanad.
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Gas (Amendment) Bill 2008, without amendment.
- Legal Services Ombudsman Bill 2008: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Legal Services Ombudsman Bill 2008: Report Stage (15 speeches)
Amendment No. 1 not moved.
- Employment Law Compliance Bill: Second Stage (Resumed) (10 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services: Motion (Resumed) (51 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy James Reilly on Tuesday, 10 February 2009:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services. (2 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this serious matter. I believe a death notice for South Tipperary General Hospital has appeared in the form of an information document...
- Visa Applications. (3 speeches)
I wish to share time with Deputy Noel O'Flynn. I welcome the opportunity to raise an issue of some practical significance to the country and the economy. Ireland has a practical and developing...
- Private Rented Accommodation. (2 speeches)
I thank the Minister for Social and Family Affairs for coming to the House this evening. I accept that rent supplement can be beneficial to people who are living in private rented accommodation...
- Special Educational Needs. (3 speeches)
It would have been far more appropriate if the Minister for Education and Science were here to take this matter on the Adjournment, because it is such a serious issue. I was glad to see the...